Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I Guess I'm Still A Mom...

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 27 Replies
7 moms liked this

Here I am 66 years old, children have flown the nest and made nests of their own, yet I don't feel any different from when I was a new mom at 22.  One of my girls have seen their children fly off too.  Yet, they often call me for advice, to "talk", or to touch bases.  It is a good time in my life, now if my body would stop acting out, it would be great.  But, this past year has been a season of hospitals and doctor visits for me.  Yet I still feel strong and able to take on the world.  Well, half of it at least!

I have a husband who I love greatly, we have been married for 28 years now.  Two beautiful daughters who are as different as night and day, but each holds a special gift within them.  One a artist and the other a scholar.  I have also been blessed with 5 Grandchildren and 4 Great Grandchildren ranging from ages 25 to 10 months.  Some of them are often on Cafe Mom, can you guess who they are?  My mother is 91 and still living, she is a pistol and nothing escapes her, she is quick as a rabbit that one!  

Life is good at 66!

Sandy Whiteowl Paul

Grandmom

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Hi and welcome.  Do I understand you correctly, you have a 25 yr old great grandchild?

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Hi welcome to the group
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM
So you have been married more than once? And you have grand children in their 20's and great grands that are babies. Is that right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.  I am 65 and my oldest grandchild is 21.  Is your daughter in this group too?  The mother of my 21 year old granddaughter is.

chasingrandbaby
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM

once a mom, always a mom, u never stop worrying about your children!

You are so incredibly blessed to be a parent, grandparent and a GREAT grandparent and to several lucky children! I can tell that you enjoy the everyday joys of life and marriage and U R GREAT at 66!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Welcome to the group,
So glad life is great for you .. enjoy :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Welcome to the group!

busygramma4
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Congratulations on a great life!

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM

That is fabulous!  What an accomplishment.  Welcome to the group!  I have 2 DD and 1 DGD.  They are a blessing!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Welcom!!  No, I can't guess who your dd is - is she in this group?  Sounds like you have a busy happy life.  I too am a grandmother to five beautiful granddaughter but no great grandchildren.  Since my oldest gd is 12, it will be awhile before I can claim that title.  Sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time with your health but hope things are looking up in that regard.  We will enjoy hearing from you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)