Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Things that touch your heart!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 23 Replies

Just wondering if you have something special that has truly touched your heart recently?  I think it's good to hear positive moments that remind you of your purpose.

here's mine:

My daughter was having a tough day today (she's away at a very very small college town) and the country girls she is rooming with have pretty much shunned her.

Here was her facebook post after I chatted with her via text.  It made my day!

I love how my mom can just change my mood in a blink of an eye! I love her so much. — with Tracy Anderson Allen.
Unlike ·  ·  ·  · Hide from Timeline

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM

That is so sweet.  You are a good momma.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

So glad she appreciates what a wonderful and special mom you are. 

chasingrandbaby
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Its so nice when mothers and daughters can be such great friends. I am also blessed w my 2 daughters, but I did not have that with my own mother growing up. My mom is in a different place now in her life and we are very close...patience paid off

I work in a church nursery and I have been at this one for 14 years, and at another church for 11 years.. A while ago I was guarding the half door for pick ups, holding a baby and one crying at my feet and asking another helper to grab another kid on the slide and one of the moms said to me "You will have a special place in heaven"....it made me teary and still does today, I am doing exactly what I am supposed to on sunday mornings. Best paid job there is!

Shellness
by Michell on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Many things bring me honest joy. My children and husband, babies, animals, nature....I am very grateful for so many things..

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM

That was so sweet of your dd to say that about you.  It proves you are a great mom.  That makes me so mad those girls are treating your dd like that!  I know a few people that were traumatized by their college experience.  I hope she hangs in there and next year is better! 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Why123:

That is so sweet.  You are a good momma.

aww.  thank you.. I truly try.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mac1940:

So glad she appreciates what a wonderful and special mom you are. 

It is those little moments you embrace, that remind you to keep on truckin' :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

Its so nice when mothers and daughters can be such great friends. I am also blessed w my 2 daughters, but I did not have that with my own mother growing up. My mom is in a different place now in her life and we are very close...patience paid off

I work in a church nursery and I have been at this one for 14 years, and at another church for 11 years.. A while ago I was guarding the half door for pick ups, holding a baby and one crying at my feet and asking another helper to grab another kid on the slide and one of the moms said to me "You will have a special place in heaven"....it made me teary and still does today, I am doing exactly what I am supposed to on sunday mornings. Best paid job there is!

That is very endearing to have a mom say that to you!  I can imagine that the church with which you work are truly blessed to have you on board!!

I am happy to hear you have a great relationship with your mom!  What a blessing.  It's a dream I always had, but was not to be for me.  My mom died when I was 4 years old.  So, my life has been to be the mom I always dreamed of having, but never had.  I'd like to believe I would say beautiful things about her as my daughter did today.

Blessings to you! 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Quoting Shellness:

Many things bring me honest joy. My children and husband, babies, animals, nature....I am very grateful for so many things..

All wonderful things to bring one joy.  They are blessed to have you.  

I too love babies (my grandbaby especially) and animals!!!  I love love animals, they bring great joy as well.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Quoting jabs54:

That was so sweet of your dd to say that about you.  It proves you are a great mom.  That makes me so mad those girls are treating your dd like that!  I know a few people that were traumatized by their college experience.  I hope she hangs in there and next year is better! 

It was sweet, and you can imagine how I want to zip right over there, and charm those mean girls right out of their nasty ways.  But, I pray my daughter will also learn how to rise above even in the most difficult circumstances.  Heaven knows, I try to practice that every day.

Have a Beautiful Wednesday!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)