Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

To be when you were growing up?  Did you accomplish your goal or did you strike off in another direction?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Ha Ha Ha - I had the two grils and - yes it was trying at times!

Quoting homeskoolmama:

At different ages: singer

artist

fashion designer

I did go to college and take art classes and did some interior design, still do. I taught, well was the assistant, in an elementary school teaching art for 2 years.

I wanted a house full of girls but got all boys. God knew best. I dearly love my boys and after being around girls at church, field trips and in school. I am SOOOO glad I had boys :)

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I wanted to be a social worker. I'm going to school to be a paralegal.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I just wanted to get married and raise children.  I am thankful  I  did that, but I did not realize I also would have to finish a master's degree, get a professional certification and work full time - on call all the time.  I appreciate the opportunities I had, but I know my girls suffered in some ways.  I am very thankful and proud of them!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM

If I could be anything I wanted I'd be a nurse or social worker.  But really I just wanted to be a wife and mother.  Got married the first time at 18 so didn't go to college.  After my first husband left me and our 2 babies I had to go to work so I became a nursing assistant in the nursery at a hospital.  I really did get to "play nurse" as the only difference in the nurses and us was the nurses gave the baby their vit. k shot.  I loved the job.  Unfortunately they changed their policies and nursing assistants started only being allowed to clean etc.

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Photographer with my own shop. 

I still do photography but I learned I didn't want a shop. I don't want people to be so whiny & picky. I would rather do it as a hobby & I surely don't want a career. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM

A teacher & for the most part I kind of pulled it off :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:34 AM

an interior decorator or a florist .....not even close!

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM

You did accomplish what you wanted to be.  I love the photos that you take.  You have a great eye for composition.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

At different ages: singer

artist

fashion designer

I did go to college and take art classes and did some interior design, still do. I taught, well was the assistant, in an elementary school teaching art for 2 years.

I wanted a house full of girls but got all boys. God knew best. I dearly love my boys and after being around girls at church, field trips and in school. I am SOOOO glad I had boys :)

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM

You still have plenty of time to write a book.  After all Grandma Moses didn't start painting until she was quite old.

Quoting nana9106:

I wanted to be a mom...check that one off the list, been there done that, got the T-shirt LOL
I also wanted to be a print journalist or fiction author ...but that never came to be, I was busy being a mom. I did however go to college to get a business degree, but never finished.
I am a dispatcher now, I love my job (sometimes...but not today). Nobody ever aspires to be a dispatcher

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Paralegal is cool.  You don't get the burn out that a lot of social workers do because of the mental and emotional strain of the job.

Quoting gonecrazi:

I wanted to be a social worker. I'm going to school to be a paralegal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)