Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To be when you were growing up?  Did you accomplish your goal or did you strike off in another direction?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Ha Ha Ha - I had the two grils and - yes it was trying at times!

Quoting homeskoolmama:

At different ages: singer

artist

fashion designer

I did go to college and take art classes and did some interior design, still do. I taught, well was the assistant, in an elementary school teaching art for 2 years.

I wanted a house full of girls but got all boys. God knew best. I dearly love my boys and after being around girls at church, field trips and in school. I am SOOOO glad I had boys :)

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I wanted to be a social worker. I'm going to school to be a paralegal.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I just wanted to get married and raise children.  I am thankful  I  did that, but I did not realize I also would have to finish a master's degree, get a professional certification and work full time - on call all the time.  I appreciate the opportunities I had, but I know my girls suffered in some ways.  I am very thankful and proud of them!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM

If I could be anything I wanted I'd be a nurse or social worker.  But really I just wanted to be a wife and mother.  Got married the first time at 18 so didn't go to college.  After my first husband left me and our 2 babies I had to go to work so I became a nursing assistant in the nursery at a hospital.  I really did get to "play nurse" as the only difference in the nurses and us was the nurses gave the baby their vit. k shot.  I loved the job.  Unfortunately they changed their policies and nursing assistants started only being allowed to clean etc.

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Photographer with my own shop. 

I still do photography but I learned I didn't want a shop. I don't want people to be so whiny & picky. I would rather do it as a hobby & I surely don't want a career. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out*I for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:32 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM

A teacher & for the most part I kind of pulled it off :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:34 AM

an interior decorator or a florist .....not even close!

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM

You did accomplish what you wanted to be.  I love the photos that you take.  You have a great eye for composition.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

At different ages: singer

artist

fashion designer

I did go to college and take art classes and did some interior design, still do. I taught, well was the assistant, in an elementary school teaching art for 2 years.

I wanted a house full of girls but got all boys. God knew best. I dearly love my boys and after being around girls at church, field trips and in school. I am SOOOO glad I had boys :)

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM

You still have plenty of time to write a book.  After all Grandma Moses didn't start painting until she was quite old.

Quoting nana9106:

I wanted to be a mom...check that one off the list, been there done that, got the T-shirt LOL
I also wanted to be a print journalist or fiction author ...but that never came to be, I was busy being a mom. I did however go to college to get a business degree, but never finished.
I am a dispatcher now, I love my job (sometimes...but not today). Nobody ever aspires to be a dispatcher

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Paralegal is cool.  You don't get the burn out that a lot of social workers do because of the mental and emotional strain of the job.

Quoting gonecrazi:

I wanted to be a social worker. I'm going to school to be a paralegal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN