Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To be when you were growing up?  Did you accomplish your goal or did you strike off in another direction?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM

What did you get your degree in?

Quoting Maddie24:

I just wanted to get married and raise children.  I am thankful  I  did that, but I did not realize I also would have to finish a master's degree, get a professional certification and work full time - on call all the time.  I appreciate the opportunities I had, but I know my girls suffered in some ways.  I am very thankful and proud of them!

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM

They have made a lot of changes in the nursing field.  I have heard that it is very hard for nurses fresh out of school to get a job.

Quoting jabs54:

If I could be anything I wanted I'd be a nurse or social worker.  But really I just wanted to be a wife and mother.  Got married the first time at 18 so didn't go to college.  After my first husband left me and our 2 babies I had to go to work so I became a nursing assistant in the nursery at a hospital.  I really did get to "play nurse" as the only difference in the nurses and us was the nurses gave the baby their vit. k shot.  I loved the job.  Unfortunately they changed their policies and nursing assistants started only being allowed to clean etc.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Lucky you.  You can play at what you love without the hastles.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Photographer with my own shop. 

I still do photography but I learned I didn't want a shop. I don't want people to be so whiny & picky. I would rather do it as a hobby & I surely don't want a career. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you.

Quoting hugss:

A teacher & for the most part I kind of pulled it off :)

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Sometimes it is really hard when the realities of life catch up with us.  You must have been meant to be a caregiver because you do it so well.

Quoting LadySaphira:

an interior decorator or a florist .....not even close!

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Never really thought about it as a kid.  I really never imagined being a SAHM for 20 years though.  Didn't know if I even wanted kids in my teens and early 20's, let alone being a SAHM. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

Quoting atlmom2:

Never really thought about it as a kid.  I really never imagined being a SAHM for 20 years though.  Didn't know if I even wanted kids in my teens and early 20's, let alone being a SAHM. 

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Yep, never thought I would move 9 times or live in Italy etc.  LOL. 

Quoting Why123:

Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

Quoting atlmom2:

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM

A veterinarian. Nope, didn't get there.(stupid school counselor told me, girls become secretaries or house wives!) .. I did eventually start and own my own dog grooming business. & was a paramedic. along with substitute teaching..

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I remember wanting to be a jockey. Then it was a vet. Then a nanny or governess. I ended up with classes in Sociology and Psychology. Stopped and had some kids. Then went back to school and had a career in Early Childhood Education for about 16 years.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)