Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

To be when you were growing up?  Did you accomplish your goal or did you strike off in another direction?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM

What did you get your degree in?

Quoting Maddie24:

I just wanted to get married and raise children.  I am thankful  I  did that, but I did not realize I also would have to finish a master's degree, get a professional certification and work full time - on call all the time.  I appreciate the opportunities I had, but I know my girls suffered in some ways.  I am very thankful and proud of them!

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM

They have made a lot of changes in the nursing field.  I have heard that it is very hard for nurses fresh out of school to get a job.

Quoting jabs54:

If I could be anything I wanted I'd be a nurse or social worker.  But really I just wanted to be a wife and mother.  Got married the first time at 18 so didn't go to college.  After my first husband left me and our 2 babies I had to go to work so I became a nursing assistant in the nursery at a hospital.  I really did get to "play nurse" as the only difference in the nurses and us was the nurses gave the baby their vit. k shot.  I loved the job.  Unfortunately they changed their policies and nursing assistants started only being allowed to clean etc.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Lucky you.  You can play at what you love without the hastles.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Photographer with my own shop. 

I still do photography but I learned I didn't want a shop. I don't want people to be so whiny & picky. I would rather do it as a hobby & I surely don't want a career. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you.

Quoting hugss:

A teacher & for the most part I kind of pulled it off :)

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Sometimes it is really hard when the realities of life catch up with us.  You must have been meant to be a caregiver because you do it so well.

Quoting LadySaphira:

an interior decorator or a florist .....not even close!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Never really thought about it as a kid.  I really never imagined being a SAHM for 20 years though.  Didn't know if I even wanted kids in my teens and early 20's, let alone being a SAHM. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

Quoting atlmom2:

Never really thought about it as a kid.  I really never imagined being a SAHM for 20 years though.  Didn't know if I even wanted kids in my teens and early 20's, let alone being a SAHM. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Yep, never thought I would move 9 times or live in Italy etc.  LOL. 

Quoting Why123:

Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

Quoting atlmom2:

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM

A veterinarian. Nope, didn't get there.(stupid school counselor told me, girls become secretaries or house wives!) .. I did eventually start and own my own dog grooming business. & was a paramedic. along with substitute teaching..

LEK19
I feel Halloween in the air!
52 minutes ago
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I remember wanting to be a jockey. Then it was a vet. Then a nanny or governess. I ended up with classes in Sociology and Psychology. Stopped and had some kids. Then went back to school and had a career in Early Childhood Education for about 16 years.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)