Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

To be when you were growing up?  Did you accomplish your goal or did you strike off in another direction?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I liked the school so much that I am 65 and still here.  I have worked at this college for 25 years.

Quoting sweetnana1964:

That's wonderful, congrats. I will be 50 when I get certified :)

Quoting Why123:

Congratulations on going back to school.  I started college when I was 40.

Quoting sweetnana1964:

I always loved kids and mainly wanted to be a mom and wife.  Now that my children are grown and out of the house i am going back to school to be a LVN :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher. 

I did work at 2 preschools over the years. I have mostly worked in an area where I take care of people. So not in a totally different direction but never was a teacher.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I got my degree in Business Administration.  I have friends going  back to school in their 50's - not sure I could!!! 

Quoting Why123:

What did you get your degree in?

Quoting Maddie24:

I just wanted to get married and raise children.  I am thankful  I  did that, but I did not realize I also would have to finish a master's degree, get a professional certification and work full time - on call all the time.  I appreciate the opportunities I had, but I know my girls suffered in some ways.  I am very thankful and proud of them!

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM

aww thanks...

to satisfy my inner shutterbug, I have a second blog that is all photos. Just started it. lol

Quoting Why123:

You did accomplish what you wanted to be.  I love the photos that you take.  You have a great eye for composition.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

At different ages: singer

artist

fashion designer

I did go to college and take art classes and did some interior design, still do. I taught, well was the assistant, in an elementary school teaching art for 2 years.

I wanted a house full of girls but got all boys. God knew best. I dearly love my boys and after being around girls at church, field trips and in school. I am SOOOO glad I had boys :)

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM

That is so cool.

Quoting Cindy18:

I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher. 

I did work at 2 preschools over the years. I have mostly worked in an area where I take care of people. So not in a totally different direction but never was a teacher.

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I think that the oldest person to graduate from our college was in his 80's.  You just gotta want it real bad.

Quoting Maddie24:

I got my degree in Business Administration.  I have friends going  back to school in their 50's - not sure I could!!! 

Quoting Why123:

What did you get your degree in?

Quoting Maddie24:

I just wanted to get married and raise children.  I am thankful  I  did that, but I did not realize I also would have to finish a master's degree, get a professional certification and work full time - on call all the time.  I appreciate the opportunities I had, but I know my girls suffered in some ways.  I am very thankful and proud of them!

RedVelvetFun
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Rich... missed big time.  

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I think the majority of us have.

Quoting RedVelvetFun:

Rich... missed big time.  

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM

When I was younger I wanted to be a nurse and mainly work with children. But Since I'm really sqeamish around blood and hate needles that kind of went out the window. Then since I've always been good at drawing I wanted to go to Art school but my parents thought that was a waste of time and money because I couldn't convince them that you really could get a job being a artist!  

So I ended up going to work straight out of high school,getting married,raising my daughter and now raising my grandchildren.  No regrets though.  And am hopefully going to be going to college soon to take some classes. Think I'll be doing either hotel and resturaunt management or getting seriously into photography since thats something I really enjoy doing and would love to be like a freelance photogapher for local newspapers ect.  At 56 its a little daunting to do since I've never been to college but this old dog is deffinitly ready to learn something new.

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

It's never too late to start college.  My father didn't believe a girl needed an education because she would have a man to take care of her.  Yeah right.  Follow your dreams.  I am sure you will be good at it.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

When I was younger I wanted to be a nurse and mainly work with children. But Since I'm really sqeamish around blood and hate needles that kind of went out the window. Then since I've always been good at drawing I wanted to go to Art school but my parents thought that was a waste of time and money because I couldn't convince them that you really could get a job being a artist!  

So I ended up going to work straight out of high school,getting married,raising my daughter and now raising my grandchildren.  No regrets though.  And am hopefully going to be going to college soon to take some classes. Think I'll be doing either hotel and resturaunt management or getting seriously into photography since thats something I really enjoy doing and would love to be like a freelance photogapher for local newspapers ect.  At 56 its a little daunting to do since I've never been to college but this old dog is deffinitly ready to learn something new.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)