Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Wardrobe

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 26 Replies

Do you occasionally go through your closet and drawers and get rid of items you know you won't wear again? I find I have to as I have a lot of clothes, seem to always be buying or making something, so I run out of storage room.   Last summer I took a bunch of items to a consignment store, really nice stuff, and most was sold, but you don't really make much money.   I sometimes donate things to charity also. 

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I'm bad about keeping things. Lately I'm getting a little better about throwing out things that don't work for my body anymore.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I need to go through them..  again.       I love clothes.      I have so many I need to get rid of.     When my schedule allows,   I will go through it all again.    I tend to just donate them to good will.   

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I use to do that.  Since the fire I haven't had enough to really do that again but I'm sure as I accumulate stuff I will again.  I like to ask around too and if there's someone I know who can use them I will give the clothes to them. 

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM
We donate a lot!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Yes at least once a year but sometimes every six months I go through and toss, give away or sell.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I need to go through clothes, and soon.  I just give stuff away when I do get rid of it.  Makes the getting rid of stuff a whole lot easier.

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I purge once a year.  Things not worn in over a year, or out of style, go out.  Toys, books, dvd's, glassware, bath accoutrements, sheets, towels-- anything I can put in a bag, and that hasn't been used in over a year, or doesn't fit the decor anymore, goes.  I take the deductions on my taxes. 

We have a lot of storage, but we also have lot of stuff.  If I let it sit, we'd be buried. DH likes to hang on to things, especially tools and mechanical parts, so I have make sure that is always organized and halfway clean.  Threatening to bring in a dumpster usually works.

Of course, that doesn't mean I have NO memories.  But this way, we are all able to actually SEE, and appreciate the things we choose to keep. 

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I keep everything...when I go through my clothes I think.... "what if I lose weight again" OR "what if I gain weight again" so I end up keeping it :-/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Yes, we do it about twice a year.

.Holly.
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Yes, I'm always updating my wardrobe each season so I have to or I wouldn't have any room. I always donate to charities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)