Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Yes, your kid is adorable but...... piog

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 24 Replies

How about you take a look at the pic BEFORE you post it? Your house is a complete disaster in the background. you can see the food crumbs (like the crust off your 3 y/o sandwich that you just let him throw on the floor) and the piles of dirty clothes all over the floor in the background, toys, shoes, and the layer of dust on the end table....

this is what I wanted to post on my nieces page last night, but held my tounge (fingers). it just drives me nuts when people do this...(Her house is ALWAYS filthy)

Do you ever second guess what pics you post? or do you just post it?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by Michell on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I look it over first, lol!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the same things sometimes when I see pictures.

disnchntdwife
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM
To be totally honest, I feel sorry for your niece. She was trying to share a pic of her kid, and instead of you looking at the kid....all you could do was focus on her house cleaning or lack there of. And to further add insult to injury you come here and trash her. That bothers me waaaaaay more than seeing a pic of a cute kid with a dusty table in the background. Perhaps she doesn't place the same importance on the same things you do, either way....I'm glad you aren't my Aunt! Just saying.......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylulu1
by Amy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I also double check photos before I post them.  I have actually not posted some cute pictures of my gs before because I could see a carpet stain or a load of laundry on my bed that needed to be folded, LOL.  I get what you mean, though.  I wince when I see pictures with a bunch of junk in the background.  If that makes me judgemental, so be it.  *shrugs* Everyone is judgemental in some form or fashion and I am certainly not perfect!  :)

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I try to look them over first but sometimes you miss things.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I normally look at them but you know a lot of mine are of my grandkids and they trash the house with their toys and stuff so most of the time if there is anything laying around it's theres.  I keep a pretty clean and neat house.  But if they have toys out and I take a pic it is what it is.  lol 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM

My house deffinitly has a lived in look,with two grandkids,3 dogs and four cats, so what ya see is what ya get. Just like I tell people who come to visit,ya come to see me not my house.  If you don't like it you can leave. Its not filthy but not spotless either. So if theres dust or cat hair on the furniture in a picture,oops...I didn,t vacume today.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I'm safe because I don't know how to post pictures.  Sometimes though, kids don't wait to do something super cute (picture worthy) until the house is all cleaned up.  But admittedly I wince when I see pictures that show a messy background.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Ugh. I used to sell real estate. When I would list properties, I used to go in and basically clear off everything. First impressions were so important. When I would look at other Realtors listings, I was appalled at what was in the pics.

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM

well besides the detritus Riley can accumulate..my house is clean..and that is saying something..considering Riley..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)