Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Yes, your kid is adorable but...... piog

Posted by   + Show Post

How about you take a look at the pic BEFORE you post it? Your house is a complete disaster in the background. you can see the food crumbs (like the crust off your 3 y/o sandwich that you just let him throw on the floor) and the piles of dirty clothes all over the floor in the background, toys, shoes, and the layer of dust on the end table....

this is what I wanted to post on my nieces page last night, but held my tounge (fingers). it just drives me nuts when people do this...(Her house is ALWAYS filthy)

Do you ever second guess what pics you post? or do you just post it?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
39 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I don't post any pics usually on FB ;)

suesues
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I never post pic of kids its so not needed

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I don't look at what's in the background of others pictures. You are not looking to see what kind of housekeeper they are. You are suppose to be looking at the cute kid.

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I am a second guesser...

nybor48
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM

wow...  I didn't post anything on her page for one... and it would be different if I mentioned her name on here.. sheesh..  My niece IS a slob..  always has been. and she doesn't care.  She wants to raise her kids in filth, fine, her problem...  that's why I didn't post anything on her pic... her Mom did though.  And it wasn't just a dusty table... there was food on the floor and a pile of laundry that was taller than her 3 y/o...   It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much if it were just the days stuff on the floor, 

It's the same things I think when people try to sell stuff on Craigslist and the background of the picture is nothing but filth...

Quoting disnchntdwife:

To be totally honest, I feel sorry for your niece. She was trying to share a pic of her kid, and instead of you looking at the kid....all you could do was focus on her house cleaning or lack there of. And to further add insult to injury you come here and trash her. That bothers me waaaaaay more than seeing a pic of a cute kid with a dusty table in the background. Perhaps she doesn't place the same importance on the same things you do, either way....I'm glad you aren't my Aunt! Just saying.......

disnchntdwife
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM
You are merely repeating yourself. You have a problem with people that don't hold the same opinion as you on how clean a house should be. I have a problem with people having problems over things that are not even effecting them personally and casting judgement over said person because of it. How does her house being "filthy" hurt you in anyway? I stand by my original statement where I said that I am glad you aren't my aunt. Also, whether you put it on her page or not makes no difference to me. You went out of your way to write about how she " chooses to raise her kids in filth" here and that's more than enough to prove my point. Judgy much aunt nybor???? I sincerely hope people that don't share your thoughts are kinder to you than are to your own flesh and blood.

Quoting nybor48:

wow...  I didn't post anything on her page for one... and it would be different if I mentioned her name on here.. sheesh..  My niece IS a slob..  always has been. and she doesn't care.  She wants to raise her kids in filth, fine, her problem...  that's why I didn't post anything on her pic... her Mom did though.  And it wasn't just a dusty table... there was food on the floor and a pile of laundry that was taller than her 3 y/o...   It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much if it were just the days stuff on the floor, 

It's the same things I think when people try to sell stuff on Craigslist and the background of the picture is nothing but filth...

Quoting disnchntdwife:

To be totally honest, I feel sorry for your niece. She was trying to share a pic of her kid, and instead of you looking at the kid....all you could do was focus on her house cleaning or lack there of. And to further add insult to injury you come here and trash her. That bothers me waaaaaay more than seeing a pic of a cute kid with a dusty table in the background. Perhaps she doesn't place the same importance on the same things you do, either way....I'm glad you aren't my Aunt! Just saying.......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nybor48
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Again, wow....  didn't realize that I was not afforded an opinion on anything. 

And yes, I do judge when people raise their kids in filth... there is a difference between filth and just being dirty also.  Filth is when the shit piles up for months, not just days, and the bathroom is so nasty and hasn't been cleaned for months....like almost a year.  same goes for vacuuming.  when it hasn't been done for months at a time and you have a baby crawling around on the floor... it's disgusting... IMO.  which last time i checked,   i can have... AND since it's my opinion,  I can write about it.... 

Now why don't you answer the freaking question I asked, instead of bashing about the backstory... Sheesh... drama much disenchanted????

Quoting disnchntdwife:

You are merely repeating yourself. You have a problem with people that don't hold the same opinion as you on how clean a house should be. I have a problem with people having problems over things that are not even effecting them personally and casting judgement over said person because of it. How does her house being "filthy" hurt you in anyway? I stand by my original statement where I said that I am glad you aren't my aunt. Also, whether you put it on her page or not makes no difference to me. You went out of your way to write about how she " chooses to raise her kids in filth" here and that's more than enough to prove my point. Judgy much aunt nybor???? I sincerely hope people that don't share your thoughts are kinder to you than are to your own flesh and blood.

Quoting nybor48:

Quoting disnchntdwife:

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I don't post pictures anywhere, I don't have the necessary technology to do so but when I view pictures I do so to see the intended subject and not to look at how someone's house looks in the picture...quite simply who cares? Life is too short and as long as the house is safe it's just a case of personal choice.

disnchntdwife
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Hahahahahha, yep all this drama is about me.!!!!Too freaking funny. You create the drama , then freak when others don't agree. I was simply sticking up for the niece who may not place the same importance on cleanliness as you do. If I offended you, it was most likely due to the fact that I called you out for judging and being "catty" towards your niece. You are a WONDERFUL aunt!!!!

Quoting nybor48:

And yes, I do judge when people raise their kids in filth... there is a difference between filth and just being dirty also.  Filth is when the shit piles up for months, not just days, and the bathroom is so nasty and hasn't been cleaned for months....like almost a year.  same goes for vacuuming.  when it hasn't been done for months at a time and you have a baby crawling around on the floor... it's disgusting... IMO.  which last time i checked,   i can have... AND since it's my opinion,  I can write about it.... 

Now why don't you answer the freaking question I asked, instead of bashing about the backstory... Sheesh... drama much disenchanted????

Quoting disnchntdwife:

Quoting nybor48:

Quoting disnchntdwife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nybor48
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM

what drama did I create????   I gave backstory to a question that I asked, which happened to be about taking and posting pics...Which in this case happened to be about a niece, whos a slob.  No catty-ness towards her, she knows she a slob. 

And again, you have chosen not to answer a question,  you have just chosen to bash my Aunting abilities.  and what kind of person I am...  why would you judge me? ? ?  or is it okay for you to judge, but no one else.... 

Quoting disnchntdwife:

Hahahahahha, yep all this drama is about me.!!!!Too freaking funny. You create the drama , then freak when others don't agree. I was simply sticking up for the niece who may not place the same importance on cleanliness as you do. If I offended you, it was most likely due to the fact that I called you out for judging and being "catty" towards your niece. You are a WONDERFUL aunt!!!!

Quoting nybor48:

Quoting disnchntdwife:

Quoting nybor48:

Quoting disnchntdwife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)