Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday gift for 40 yr old son

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

My son is turning 40 next month. I dont know what to give him. He is married, owns a home, has 2 kids, is a teacher. I already gave him the scrapbook of his life when he got married. Seems a Mom ought to give a more sentimental gift than just a shirt. Money is an object, I cant afford a trip or things like that. Any suggestions?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM

How about a surprise b-day party?  Or tickets for him and his wife to go see a play, or a concert, or a ballet, etc.? 

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Your son has a job and probably makes more money than you do.  Get a card, and a nice bottle of wine, or his favorite liquor.  Or put a "voucher" for a night of babysitting in the card, so he & his wife can get out once in a while.  That's all.

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

How about a mother/son date? Take him out to eat at his favorite resturant, maybe go to a movie and just have some quality time. Find a photo booth and take a picture.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM

How about a coupon book filled with things you know your son would like,maybe for nights out,or his special dinner,tickets for a show or sports event ect,,.

But at his age I'm sure he would just love to spend time with his Mom.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Love the suggestions you have been given,
Let us know what you decide :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Does he like to cook?  Or is he sentimental about fav foods?  Maybe a cook book that you put together of family recipes.  If not maybe a letter to him telling how some of your fav or special memories of him.  Or...like someone else said...a book of coupons for babysitting etc...Let us know what you do.   :)

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually just give my kids money.  I like the idea of you taking him on a "date" to a nice restaurant.

Lovemyshadows
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Take the kids down and have a nice picture of them taken.  My SIL did that when my kids were little it was a big surprise and the pics I love the most today.

suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Take his kids for the weekend and then he can do whatever he wants with no worrying about kids

nana9106
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
You have some really good suggestions here...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN