Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Birthday gift for 40 yr old son

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

My son is turning 40 next month. I dont know what to give him. He is married, owns a home, has 2 kids, is a teacher. I already gave him the scrapbook of his life when he got married. Seems a Mom ought to give a more sentimental gift than just a shirt. Money is an object, I cant afford a trip or things like that. Any suggestions?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM

How about a surprise b-day party?  Or tickets for him and his wife to go see a play, or a concert, or a ballet, etc.? 

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Your son has a job and probably makes more money than you do.  Get a card, and a nice bottle of wine, or his favorite liquor.  Or put a "voucher" for a night of babysitting in the card, so he & his wife can get out once in a while.  That's all.

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

How about a mother/son date? Take him out to eat at his favorite resturant, maybe go to a movie and just have some quality time. Find a photo booth and take a picture.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM

How about a coupon book filled with things you know your son would like,maybe for nights out,or his special dinner,tickets for a show or sports event ect,,.

But at his age I'm sure he would just love to spend time with his Mom.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Love the suggestions you have been given,
Let us know what you decide :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Does he like to cook?  Or is he sentimental about fav foods?  Maybe a cook book that you put together of family recipes.  If not maybe a letter to him telling how some of your fav or special memories of him.  Or...like someone else said...a book of coupons for babysitting etc...Let us know what you do.   :)

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually just give my kids money.  I like the idea of you taking him on a "date" to a nice restaurant.

Lovemyshadows
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Take the kids down and have a nice picture of them taken.  My SIL did that when my kids were little it was a big surprise and the pics I love the most today.

suesues
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Take his kids for the weekend and then he can do whatever he wants with no worrying about kids

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
You have some really good suggestions here...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)