Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

A SUPER Super Bowl Sunday!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

We are football fans but since our rather sorry Bears were eliminated we were just enjoying the playoffs as general spectators. Yesterday we had a great day. My son and his girlfriend, both EMT's, were off and so we had a nice little party with the four of us. We brought in fajitas from Chili's and the kids made a special trip to Target to get a favorite soda and we just enjoyed the day. I feel so blessed to be able to see my son becoming an adult almost right before my eyes. BTW we were all cheering for the Ravens so that worked out nicely too.

Now my husband and the kids have all left for work and I'll spend the day cleaning up since no one felt like bothering last night, no big deal, I just hope with the snow and bad weather the kids don't have too difficult of a shift and that it's a safe one.

Someone said that Super Bowl Sunday is becoming the most popular "holiday" since it's generally just fun and you aren't obligated to host the family if you don't wish to do so. Well to me last night felt a bit like Thanksgiving since I could just look over my living room and feel a great sense of gratitude for the blessings of my little family and that my son and his girlfriend chose to spend the day with us rather than go to some other party. 

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Glad you all had a good time.  I never even turned it on here last night.  lol  I was reading a book in bed.  Kind of lazy but so nice!  :)

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:05 AM

sounds like you had a good time. I nor my DH is big into football. We didn't even turn on the game. If we watch the Super Bowl it is to see the commercials.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Thank you so much for posting about your experience. ((Hugs)) How delightful! 

We went to my Mom's and took party and snack stuff, and watched the game with her for a while, then came on home and finished the game because she is still frail from her illness last summer. But while at her place I had a similar thought- my husband and son were watching the game with much gleeful (or not) shouting and throwing up of arms, and it was fun to watch people so important to me get together just for a fun time.

hugss
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM

So glad you enjoyed the evening/game with your family :)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Sounds like you had a great day.  I am not big in football though I do enjoy the super bowl.  Neither of my sons live near but I do miss the days when they were here and super bowl was a family day.  And though not a football fan, I never missed a game when the kids were in highschool and playing.

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

My mom and I had pizza and I watched the first 20 minutes and last 10 of the game.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Glad you had a good time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)