Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

left town

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 15 Replies

OK ladies, I am trying to get on and catch up. I left home yesterday morning early to go to my parents.My dad has been in a nursing home for rehab since Oct. He is now a perm. resident. He is unable to walk, incontinent, early stages of demintia on top of this health issues. My mom can not make decisions as she is in denial and a procrastinator.

She called me twice Saturday to tell me more info. On Sunday morning, I told my dh I really NEED to be here. So I packed and we left. I will be here through the week.

Turning over all medical POA to me and signing over anything else that we need to. Social workers, nursing home rehab, manager, doctor, DMV and lawyers. It is going to be a busy week.

Dawn; daughter, wife, mom, MiMi

Blogger @ http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com  and

writer for:  www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wallmom1
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I feel for you, I have been there. It is no fun having to make those decisions.  But they have to be done. I had to do that for my parents, even with help from siblings it sucked.  Hugs.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Good luck with everything, that is a huge responsibility.  Hugs

trish_odi
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Wow you have your hands full , sorry your dads not doing well .
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Good luck.  Sorry about your dad but glad you are available to help your mom with all the many details.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck with everything you've got to do.  I know it's hard.  Hugs to you!!

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I have a feeling I'll in your shoes very soon. Prayers that you can get through it with little stress and much patience, strength and love.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:31 PM

In some aspects it is hard to care for our parents because they were always the caretakers.  I thought my daddy could leap a building in a single bound until the doctor told me he was gone.  It was an honor to do whatever I could. 

Be thankful that they are assigning the POA to you.  A dear friend's father is in his eightys, spending money he does not have and is about to put himself out of his home! Such a shame.  I hope you have a good week with your parents  and get everything worked out.  Hugs to you!!!

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM

((HUGS)) Its good that your Mom has you to lean on.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I'm sorry Dawn :(   The only good thing about my parents dying young is I never had to see them go to nursing homes.

(((hugs)))

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:11 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Aww Hugs to you Dawn,
Looks like a very busy week for you.
Hope things go well & thinking of you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN