Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

OK ladies, I am trying to get on and catch up. I left home yesterday morning early to go to my parents.My dad has been in a nursing home for rehab since Oct. He is now a perm. resident. He is unable to walk, incontinent, early stages of demintia on top of this health issues. My mom can not make decisions as she is in denial and a procrastinator.

She called me twice Saturday to tell me more info. On Sunday morning, I told my dh I really NEED to be here. So I packed and we left. I will be here through the week.

Turning over all medical POA to me and signing over anything else that we need to. Social workers, nursing home rehab, manager, doctor, DMV and lawyers. It is going to be a busy week.

Dawn; daughter, wife, mom, MiMi

Blogger @ http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com  and

writer for:  www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (11-15):
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

That is quite a transition! It is good that you are willing and able. Hoping everything goes well with the family. 

cherylam
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM

been there n\myself...just remember to take some time for YOU...go for a walk, relax a little.

drumomma
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Hope everything goes well. You definately have your hands full. Prayers going out to you and your family.

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Good Luck Dawn...i'm so sorry you are having to do all of that (((HUGS)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)