Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 102 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I'm still up so I decided to go ahead and start this post.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep.  It's been a long day!!  lol  At least I'm off tomorrow though so that's one good thing.  I start a long pet sitting job on Sat.  I will stay from the 9th til the 18th.  So....hope you're all ready for the day.  TGIF      :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Friday ~

Dusting & vacuuming I hope :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Friday-- I am working a midnight so I will be off in about an hour and a half. Home to sleep some more.

Schools just closed so I may not be able to sleep too much.

I think we are going to a friend's house to watch a movie tonight. Gotta get the details later on.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:31 AM

It's Friday!  Yay!  Up at 4:45 - overslept by 15 minutes but I really should have gotten up at 4 to get my early-morning work done.  Oh well.  I'll catch them all up over the weekend. 

Should be interesting in the office today.  I found that this morning, before we head out to lunch and then bowling, we are going to be doing "communication exercises."  lol.  THIS should be interesting.  Again, the division in the office that the bosses want to maintain due to the firm being FOR profit and I am on the NONPROFIT "side," has created quite a bit of communication "problems," but the "problems" that are being created are mostly from a logistical standpoint; nevertheless, "problems" are being encountered a lot more than before.  We interviewed three more people yesterday for our filing clerk position.  EVERYONE interviews them - we have an interview questionnaire that has 50 questions and between the 11 or 12 of us at the office, we usually get most of them asked/answered.  We have one strong candidate - a concensus - so keeping our fingers crossed she will accept the position!!!  The last candidate we interviewed and reached concensus withdrew their application.  lol.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Being interviewed by 11 people would be very intimidating!

Quoting suzeebloch:

It's Friday!  Yay!  Up at 4:45 - overslept by 15 minutes but I really should have gotten up at 4 to get my early-morning work done.  Oh well.  I'll catch them all up over the weekend. 

Should be interesting in the office today.  I found that this morning, before we head out to lunch and then bowling, we are going to be doing "communication exercises."  lol.  THIS should be interesting.  Again, the division in the office that the bosses want to maintain due to the firm being FOR profit and I am on the NONPROFIT "side," has created quite a bit of communication "problems," but the "problems" that are being created are mostly from a logistical standpoint; nevertheless, "problems" are being encountered a lot more than before.  We interviewed three more people yesterday for our filing clerk position.  EVERYONE interviews them - we have an interview questionnaire that has 50 questions and between the 11 or 12 of us at the office, we usually get most of them asked/answered.  We have one strong candidate - a concensus - so keeping our fingers crossed she will accept the position!!!  The last candidate we interviewed and reached concensus withdrew their application.  lol.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I know, right?  I actually got to skip that step - the HB and WB asked me to come to the office on a Sunday for my interview, to which I agreed.  They offered me the job on a Thursday, at which time I accepted, and then asked me to come to the office on Friday to meet all the worker bees.  At that session, I asked THEM questions!  lol.  But I think this method is a grand idea.  We all take notes so that the next batch of interviewers can read the responses we noted.  The idea is that we will all be working together so must come to concensus, or majority, on which person to offer the job.  But we haven't always been right - I started in October 2011 and between October 2011 and April 2012, 4 people started and quit.  Since April 2012, 2 more people have quit.  lol.

Quoting Cindy18:

Being interviewed by 11 people would be very intimidating!

Quoting suzeebloch:

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Waiting for the snow to start!!! But really, I have to make two pans of lasagna for a church couples dinner tomorrow night, maybe making some chocolate chip cookies for hubby, an apple pie for a friend who just had a baby and loves my pies, and hopefully getting my office painted tomorrow. Need to do it when no one is at work in the offices, hubby and I will be doing my office and two others. Looks like another busy weekend for us!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I hope this storm doesn't take out Cafe Mom - wasn't it Sandy that cut us off?  Everyone in Nemo's path - take care and be safe! 

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Today, going to the grocery and doing laundry. We dug out of out 5+ inch snow yesterday. Saturday and Sunday don't know. Freezing rain Sunday turning to all rain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillTimsmom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I am stuck home in bed (or in the recliner on my lap top) with pneumonia.  No work for me for a week. 

I had to postpone a family taco feast last Sunday because I was too sick.  So we have rescheduled for this Sunday.  I am hoping to feel well enough to handle this.  It will be my brothers wife with their 4 kids (my brother is out of town), and my other brother and his wife.

Both of my SIL's are great help in the kitchen so I'm sure it will go fine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN