Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Wasted trip

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

I usually avoid our mall like the plague but I decided to go to look around today. You would of thought it was Christmas again,it was crazy.  And people are sooo rude,I was just walking down the aisle at a store and this other lady,literally pushed me out of the way to get to something on a rack. I'm like damn...I wasn't even in your way woman!   Now I remember why,I don't go there!  And I was  looking for something for my husband for our anniversary and Valentines Day and didn't see a dang thing I thought he would like.  Oh well,at least I got some exercise doing all that walking.lol   

But I still have to find something for my husband,I swear,I think it gets harder the longer you live with someone.    In my younger(much younger and skinnier)day I would of just put a bow on myself,and said,"Happy Valentines!" lol So much simpler.lol 

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM

you should do the bow thing again!  lol.  maybe just a bigger bow than in your younger skinnier days.  I think it would be a hoot! 

I hate shopping, too.  I avoid the malls like the plaque as well.

jules8289
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I can't stand malls. So much of the time I find myself on Amazon looking for what I want.

Tameez
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM

You can go buy some pink ribbon and wrap yourself up in it for Valentines Day.... You should be able to avoid the mall, you can get that at A C Moor or Michaels :)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yeah, I think you should go for the bow - maybe that's what he is secretly hoping for.

Lovemyshadows
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I made my husband promise no valentine cards, candy, flowers, or gifts.  A hug and a kiss will do just fine.  It takes so much pressure off.  Just the money saved on cards will allow us to go to the coffee shop and spend some time together.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I love looking in stores, never know what bargain I may find.  Also love to people watch in malls, so interesting, and what are some people thinking, the way they dress and wear their hair.  LOL

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Aww too bad ::sigh::
love the bow idea even now :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I like walking around the mall but avoid it on the weekends!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I don't mind the mall on weekdays.  Not so much on the weekends.  lol  You can find some good deals there usually.  I'm sorry you had a crappy time there though.  There are rude people out there a lot now.  I would have said oh excuse YOU.  lol

Yep....go for the bow!  lol

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I hate rude people ;)    We just give cheap little gifts.  I asked for a little bag of Lindt chocolates and he's getting a pkg of Ink Joy pens he said he wanted to try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN