Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I miss my dad

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 46 Replies

I do not think I am alone from hearing many of your comments.  4 years ago today my daddy looked me in the eye and told me he was very sick and did not know what was wrong.  He had a biopsy - then surgery.  I stayed with him day and night at the hospital for 2 weeks.  He was diagnosed with stomach cancer.  The end result was he passed away 8 weeks later.  I watched him deteriorate in his recliner March 31, 2009.  The dr told me to wait until morning to take him to the ER.  He could not walk by morning.  We went to the hospital and I raised hell with them.  I slept in hospital chair by his side until the dr told me there was no hope and his kidneys had failed.  I watched him die and held his hand as he passed away April 3, 2009.  I am so sad right now I cannot breath.  I will go to bed and go to work tomorrow,  but I miss watching tv with him.  I  miss hearing stories about my relatives.  I miss seeing him drive up in his truck.  I miss meeting him for dinner.  I miss his encouragement and love. 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM
So sorry. Gotta remember the good times, not his passing. My dad passed away 28 years ago this month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I am truly sorry for your loss.  I haven't seen my dad in 7 years--its not b/c he died, its b/c he made some bad choices and is now incarcerated in another state.  :(  At least I still get to write him letters and he calls once a month. I will get to see him again eventually. :(

stepmominhell
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I'm sorry you are so sad.  I've lost my father and my brother, so I understand how much you can miss someone.

It's difficult when losing someone so close.
hugs

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I know :(

(((hugs)))

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Wow....talk about timing of your post.  It breaks my heart.  Yesterday was my dad's birthday and he would have been 72.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about him many times a day.  He died unexpectedly in 2007.  I saw him on Mothers day and the next morning he was gone.  I miss talking to him 2 or 3 times a day....lol....yes we did talk that much...I miss his humor....his sarcastic side....lol....his compassion....his company....you name it and I miss it.  So hugs to you!!!!!!!  I get exactly how you feel.  All we can do at this point is remember all the good times and fun times....no one can take those away and we have to concentrate on that.  We will see them again one day.  I hope you'll feel better soon......

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM

((hugs))  Thank you for telling your sad story. I am so sorry that you are feeling so badly. I miss my dad, too, and it has been 10 years. I loved talking with him and hearing his stories.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I'm so sorry.  :o(   I still have both my parents and although we live in the same town, I don't see them as often as I could or should.  I know their days are numbered, though.  i wish I could reach out and give you a giant bear hug right now. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I am so sorry.  I was very close to my father also, and even though he has been gone for 30 years, I still miss him.   I also laugh when I tell my daughter stories about the grandfather she never met.  Hugs to you.  Cherish the memories. 

rosebud727
by Rose on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I am so sorry. I know that longing ache to talk and laugh with your dad. I am/was a daddy's girl.

(((huge, huge hugs)))

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I lost my Dad when I was 11, and I've spent my life thinking, "Would Daddy have been proud of me?"  or "I wish Daddy could have seen that."  I lost my Mom 21 years ago, and it broke my heart.  My kids' hearts, too.  She was the only grandparent they knew, and they STILL tell me she was the "BEST GRANDMA EVER".  They are 29 & 31.  You are not alone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)