Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I do not think I am alone from hearing many of your comments.  4 years ago today my daddy looked me in the eye and told me he was very sick and did not know what was wrong.  He had a biopsy - then surgery.  I stayed with him day and night at the hospital for 2 weeks.  He was diagnosed with stomach cancer.  The end result was he passed away 8 weeks later.  I watched him deteriorate in his recliner March 31, 2009.  The dr told me to wait until morning to take him to the ER.  He could not walk by morning.  We went to the hospital and I raised hell with them.  I slept in hospital chair by his side until the dr told me there was no hope and his kidneys had failed.  I watched him die and held his hand as he passed away April 3, 2009.  I am so sad right now I cannot breath.  I will go to bed and go to work tomorrow,  but I miss watching tv with him.  I  miss hearing stories about my relatives.  I miss seeing him drive up in his truck.  I miss meeting him for dinner.  I miss his encouragement and love. 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Replies (41-46):
tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:23 PM

sorry for your loss my mom passed 3 years ago from stomach cancer and my dad 14 years ago with pancreas cancer.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I am so sorry you lost your dad so early in your life.  And then to lose your mom and best friend so close together.  I am sorry you feel alone.  I always thought I was the only person that just could not get over losing a parent.  I realized from hearing people at work and people at CM - that I was definitely not alone.  Most feel that way.  You are right - we need to focus on the good memories.  That will get me throught the rough spots.  Thank you. 

Quoting amckechnie:

I totally understand how you feel .I lost me Dad when I was 17 years old many years ago and still miss him to this day. I lost my mom and my best friend three years ago and now feel so alone......focus on the good memories and advice your parent gave you and realize you will see them someday again

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, and hurting. I haven't lost anyone yet, so I'm not there yet. HUGS!

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I am so sorry you have suffered so many losses so close together.  It is fabulous that you had your parents live with you.  I tried to get my dad to move in with me after he was diagnosed with stomach cancer, but he wanted to be at his home in his recliner!  Your Da sounds like he was very special!  My grandparents were as close as your parents sound.  Such a sweet love.  Sounds like you have some wonderful memories!!  Thank you for sharing them with me.

Quoting cherylam:

I am so sorry for your loss... I lost my da September 23, 2006, six weeks after momma died, and four after my first husband passed.  He died of kidney failure too. He refused dalysis because after he started that he was going to need heart bypass, and the odds were not in his favor of survival, and he missed momma so much.  I miss him teasing me, calling me 'baby girl', telling my kids how much he loved them.  Da loved everyone, and when he and momma moved in with us, told me he never wanted to leave...he just wanted to be with momma.  He died with a smile on his face, I think momma came to meet him.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Cancer is so ugly.  My MIL passed away from ovarian cancer and my father passed away from stomach cancer.  I am so sorry you lost both your parents to cancer.   I guess we all have times where the grief comes back up and we have to deal with it.  Thank you for your kind words.

Quoting tinysmom160:

sorry for your loss my mom passed 3 years ago from stomach cancer and my dad 14 years ago with pancreas cancer.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM

My sisters and I miss our parents.  It does leave you feeling very alone in the world.  It took a long time to get over being angry at losing daddy.  I always feel a horrible sense of loss this time of year.  I just have to work through it and remember the good times.  It just seems like life moves too quickly.  I want to slow things down so I can remember!

Quoting Mariagma3:

I am so sorry for your loss, and hurting. I haven't lost anyone yet, so I'm not there yet. HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)