Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Just some thoughts...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why can't people just get along?? Why do they always have to drum up drama and bitterness everywhere they go? What is the point in all of this?? Doesn't anyone care any more about treating others the way they want to be treated?? Doesn't anyone care any more about being kind and loving towards people?? It seems that people have lost their compassion. Empathy has taken another route. No one gives a fu** anymore and personally it makes me very. very sad. What kind of world are all of these little kids growing up in?? Please people just be sweet to one another. Instead of knocking someone on their ass and kicking them when theyre down, try holding out your hand, helping them up, giving them a hug and telling them everything is gonna be ok. And you know what?? Some might think I sound all mushy and I sound like a hippy peace freak or whatever they want to call me but I dont care about any of that. I love being a good person. I love being nice to people. I love caring about people. I love having a big heart and being kind and considerate. I love helping those who need it. Yes I love being able to hold my hand out to someone and helping them to their feet. I love to see the smile on someone's face when I smile at them. My Mother, God rest her soul, was exactly this way. She taught me all of this. And I will be forever grateful to her for that. Being like this feels good to me and it makes my heart full. I will never ever change for anyone or anything. I love myself and I love who I am and I will never apologize for it. Ever!!!

And Audi aka LostOsbourne

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.  People just aren't as nice or polite as they used to be.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like your Mom was a wonderful giving woman and she tought her daughter well. You should never have to apologize for being yourself,especially when thats a kind helpful person with a good heart.  We should all strive to be that way!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Amen to all that you said.

caro100
by Carol on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Amen sister.  

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I so agree with you, I can't tell you how many times I have held a door for someone behind me for them to just walk on past and let it shut on the next person. Or when I was on crutches and use my cane, ppl just walked on and never held the door for me, just let it shut in my face.

Sad, sad world. If I am somewhere in a store and see an older person struggling, I always ask if they need help.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't agree more.  You have a smart mama who raised a great daughter :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree with EVERTHING you wrote.  It's very sad to see people who do not understand that compassion, that kind of love, that tender word, or the ability to just walk away and save the hardened emotion.

But, what I do know....regardless how others are, how nasty they can be, I keep loving, keep smiling, keep cheering others on to be they great person God created each of us to be.

Today alone, I went shopping...in my grubby attire. (it's what's most comfortable and I was already  out an about)  I didn't have makeup on, and frankly, looked like a Grub.  But, I am plenty comfortable in my grubby clothes and I don't fret what other's think.   I met the nicest woman at Sephora who helped me get the few things I needed....by the time I finished checking out, I had shared I was going on vacation and how I needed it because I work in a group home for troubled teen girls.  The gal was so sweet, gave me her number and invited me to bring the girls to Sephora and she'd have it staffed to accomodate all the girls getting their makeup done.  All because of the sweet conversation we were having prior.  There ARE lovely people out there...and it's always worth treating people in the loving way we as humans want to be treated...and that is the key to being treated that way. 

Is everyone always nice to me?   No...but it's encounters such as this one that reminds me, there are good people out there.

Thanks for your reminder of why it's better to be loving, be good to people, be a good person, and reach out to touch another's life.

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree...it all goes back to that "Golden Rule". I am forever greatful to my Mom for teaching me that too :-)

gmadiane
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

There ARE still lots of kind people out there. But, I know how you're feeling. I think it's more important than ever to be a light in this darkening world. I think many people haven't been raised to be compassionate or even polite. It seem like they have been raise to feel self important and entitled. It's very sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)