Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What is your greatest fear?

Posted by   + Show Post

Just curious what your greatest fear is?

Mine is flying.  I hate, HaTe, HATE to fly....hate it...

But, I have worked on calming myself in flight by hiding earphones under my hair and cranking music so loud that it drowns out the take off sounds as we launch into the air.

One year I flew to Salt Lake City for a family funeral...all to realize how afraid I was to fly...In fact, on the flight back, our plane had to make a diverted landing in Lincoln, Nebraska.....and I got off the plane (this was before 9-11).. I figured I was close enough and could hitch hike home...but I smelled something burning when we were landing and I wasn't taking any chances.

The next time I flew, the Doctor prescribed me Valuum for my fear...I had never taken Valuum so I tried it a couple weeks before I was to fly to DC.  That one little pill didn't seem to do much, so I took another one....LOL...low and behold I was OUT, for a whole weekend...hahaha...  Needless to say, when it came time to board that plane, I downed a few shots of Tequilla, and boarded....drunk...lol

This past summer, I went to a House of Hope conference in Florida with the Director of the group home and the office manager.  The office manager is quite large and decided to have me sit BEHIND them on the flight so she wouldn't be embarrassed to sit next to anyone else and she sat next to the Director.  I flew sitting by myself all the way there, all the way back.  I was ticked that they wouldn't even think to ask before booking....but I survived.

Tomorrow, my husband and I fly to Florida to spend the rest of the week with my brother and his wife.  He booked the flights back in December and I just trusted him when he made the arrangements.

Well, he sounded panicked when he couldn't find my email to check me in but had already checked himself in.  "Why wouldn't you just send the itenerary to ONE email I thought?"  But, I remained calm as he found my info and got me checked in.  No biggy right?  WRONG!!!!!!  We aren't even sitting close to each other as he booked our flight on SOUTHWEST FRIGGIN AIRLINE!!!  Oh my gosh, as if I would know that they don't make arranged seating assignments.    I want to choke him I am so mad.  I'd rather pay Double for a plane ticket and have arranged seating where WE are sitting together than book the cheapest damn ticket where we are seperated.  someone shoot me now!!!!

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Replies (31-38):
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Woah, that's a fear I never thought of....
What about the fear my kids will move back home?? That one might make my top ten. ;)

On a serious note, I truly never thought of what that means in reality. Thanks for sharing

Quoting hugss:

I don't like to fly but do if I want to go here we go, LOL
Let us know how you do.

My biggest fear is that my sons won't find their true love & get married ::sigh::

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Wouldn't bother me if they moved back home I don't think,
Let's just hope all good things for our kids :)

Quoting momma-t42:

Woah, that's a fear I never thought of....
What about the fear my kids will move back home?? That one might make my top ten. ;)

On a serious note, I truly never thought of what that means in reality. Thanks for sharing

Quoting hugss:

I don't like to fly but do if I want to go here we go, LOL
Let us know how you do.

My biggest fear is that my sons won't find their true love & get married ::sigh::

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I don't like flying either.  Or should I say, I don't like descending or landing.  The take off and the flight itself are fine, but I've been in some pretty painful landings.  I've found that Frontier, which is based in Denver, has THE BEST pilots (as far as landings are concerned), and Air Tran has THE WORST.  Everyone else is in between!!!  I've flown Frontier a few times, and other than a few flutters in my stomach, I've been fine with them.

My biggest fear is of heights (although, I love to look out the windows of airplanes, go figure!!!!!).  I've gotten better thru the years, but when I was like 15, I was on a ferris wheel with two of my sisters (not my first time on one), and they both panicked big time, and I think that is why I have the fear.

witch_e_woman
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I Love to fly, lol. My greatest fear is having something happen to my Granddaughter.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Quoting momma-t42:

normally, I too am afraid of spiders...I hate watching anything to do with them on tv...but one year my husband brought home a spider that a guy had brought to work.  I was so fascinated with her, that I named her Charlotte and we bought a little home for her and ended up keeping her for a year until she died.  I was so sad as Charlotte was the coolest looking spider...I wish we could find another like her because I would have another.  And this was a wild North American Wolf spider...not some pet you buy at the pet store.  She had six eyes...and watching her clean herself was incredible.

Quoting jabs54:

I also have a huge fear of spiders.  It's ridiculous.  My dh and dd know the "spider scream".

jaw drop

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I fear anything serious happening to my daughter.  

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Close areas and the older I get the worse it gets 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I too have a great fear of spiders - even the ones they say are innocent spiders.  And while not normally afraid of heights, I don't like ferris wheels and am terrified of riding on one.  One year I took my then 6 year old daughter to the fair and she was not content with the kiddie rides, no she wanted to ride on the biggest ferris wheel, and so we did with me white knuckling it all the way and her having the time of her life.  When we stopped on top, she swung the thing we were sitting in while I closed my eyes and prayed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)