Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This really isn't about kids but...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 26 Replies

I posted in another group, it wasn't exactly about "grown" kids, so that is one reason why I didn't post here.

I used 2 "curse" words and the one word, I used the first letter with a few ***then the last letter or so, and I used the word hell. (I also re read all my responses to any of my replies and I didn't use any "curse" words in them. I was written to by the admin of the group, in a  polite way, asking me to put in my post when I have "bad language". 

I apologized, as I didn't feel I used bad language, The groups reason, is that sometimes small kids are on the adults lap when they are reading the posts, and it isn't a good example for the kids to read bad language. (ok I can understand this) but this type of group is for adults, so IMO kids shouldn't be on the adults lap, or reading over the adults shoulder to see the language. Also, I am a freaking adult, I don't need someone to "police" my language. Especially because I'm not one to cuss! IF I use Foul language, I'm really, really Really ticked off. and still I would use the First letter of the word and **with it.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but I just don't think that group is for me. I want to be able to post things, and if I want to say shit. say it, not say "bad language" and use the word crap!

Thoughts?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:13 PM

**Edit, I got a reply from the admin, I used the word "shit". and quote"little kids can see it", those are the rules. To label your post for bad language.. Really? Apparently these adults haven't ridden on a school bus lately

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:18 PM
3 moms liked this

1.  If they are sitting on a parents lap I doubt that they can read anyway.

2.  What you said was probably something they have heard their parents say a thousand times.

I think somebody overreacted.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I hear ya. I do alot of photography. My teacher has given me wonderful opportunities to shoot professional models. Alot of times they're nudes. My photos are done very artfully. I posted them in a photo group, and was told I couldn't because there are kids in there. REALLY?

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Someone probabaly reported the "bad language" SMH so the admin had to respond to the report.

This whole forum is supposed to be for adults (moms)...not kids. So, why would young children be reading it anyway. I would think that you would be free to express your feelings in the company of other adults. Sorry that happened to you :-/

gmadiane
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I dont offend easily and you can pretty much say anything but there are some adults who are offended by any curse words at all so that is probably the true reason as I cant see a small child reading a post but I understand where your coming from

Lovemyshadows
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't curse, if I did I would think this is where it should be allowed.  Moms need to get their kids off their laps and play with them.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Totally agree! 

What kind of entertainment is CM for a child anyway?  If the child is on their lap in front of the computer I should hope they would be doing something educational.

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Moms need to get their kids off their laps and play with them.

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Exactly why I joined such a group, for Adults. (it wasn't this group btw)  If I wanted to gripe and moan, and use adult words, or possibly cuss or even use a similar word to cussing, I didn't think I should have had to worry about it.  We are all adults. I would have never thought that I would have had to worry about someones young child being on their lap or a kid reading over their shoulder. (I would expect that in one of the other mom type groups etc).. 

The admin, actually told me in her answer it is in their RULES that if your going to use bad language or curse, put it in the title. SERIOUSLY? In an ADULT group? 

I would never have my 2 or 3 yr old grand child in my lap while on CM. I would never allow my kids or step kids to invade my privacy and read over my shoulder. My time on the computer is just that, MY time. SMH. & the rules didn't used to say anything at all about cussing, this is apparently a "new thing". BUT it's ok, for ppl to use sweet peas holding beers, and drinking wine glasses! SMH

Quoting nana9106:

Someone probabaly reported the "bad language" SMH so the admin had to respond to the report.

This whole forum is supposed to be for adults (moms)...not kids. So, why would young children be reading it anyway. I would think that you would be free to express your feelings in the company of other adults. Sorry that happened to you :-/

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Aren't we glad all our kids are ADULTS!  LOL.  None of them are gonna be sitting on OUR laps!  Yay!  whoot whoot! 

I drop the F bomb and use the S*** word in my daily life but I like to keep it a little more tame here and I'll replace the letters with symbols, like Kiss my @$$.  lol.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Swearing in posts does not bother me but it may bother some one else. I have a couple of friends who do not like hearing/reading swear words.  That being said, I do not think you were in the "wrong" by not posting a warning if you did not write out the entire word and I agree that kids who can read should not be on an adult forum in the first place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)