Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Valentine Gifts---Updated the day after valentines!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 25 Replies

I think I am going to write my husband a heartfelt love letter on some really pretty paper for his Valentine gift.

What do you think of that as a gift?

Are you doing anything for anyone?

Well I ended up getting him a blown glass japanese boat he was admiring in a shop and a crystal sword fish. Hey loves those types of things. I have not had the chance to write the letter. Barely the time to breathe! I am going to write it, but he's just going to get it later.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I think that would be great and I'm sure he would love it.

I'm thinking of making dh a really nice steak and potatoes dinner, filet mignon, baked red potatoes, salad, a nice sexy dress, candlelight and heavy metal ballads in the background. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM

As a woman it is great and if you think he will be touched, do it. I will finally be home and so dh and I will get Chinese and rest at home, just us and the furbabies.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Aww that sounds wonderful & very sweet,
Am sure he will love it.
DH & I are not doing/exchanging anything :)

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Already got dh his favorite, chocolate covered cherries. Both dds SO's are working late, so they are coming over and we'll have a fiesta. Got both kids aprons covered with little hearts, and boxes of Godiva.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I think that's a great idea!  Either that or just use a bow on yourself.  LOL.

I sent Valentine's packages out on Monday for my kids - I use those "If it fits, it ships" boxes from USPS and I didn't want to overload the boxes with candy - but they seemed pretty skimpy - I ended up buying some laundry detergent for both kids - lol.  The little pouches things?  I splurged and bought Tide and stuck Valentine's stickers liberally onto the laundry detergent packages. 

I have Valentine's goodies for all my surrogate kids at the office.  I'm providing transportation for my coworker MM this week to/from work so I think I'll take a trip to the office later this evening to put the Valentine's treats at everyone's desk since she'll be with me in the morning.  lol.  I love doing this stuff.  I'm the MOM.  :o)

suesues
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I bought him a wine bottle open he has wanted and a large NO NO button in hallmark it say no 10 different ways very funny

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM
That is very sweet!! I just do the box of candy for my DH.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I think thats a very nice idea.  I have two presents I have to give to mine,because Valentines is also our anniversary.  This year hes just getting a nice box of candy and a card for Valentines and a nice gift for our anniversary,plus we're going away for an overnight stay at a B&B this weekend.

But I think gifts given from the heart are the ones that mean the most. I always right him a little love note too. Sometimes we do it on the mirror in our bathroom to each other or stick it in his car ect.

One year I just totally covered his car with hearts and balloons and wrote silly things on his windshield while he was working. And sat a big stuffed teddy bear in the front seat.lol  He was sooooo embarassed when he came out with his co-workers to come home.lol

hmmmm,That gives me an idea!  hehehe  might do that agian lol

gmadiane
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM

that sounds like a lovely idea, we are not really doing anything this year

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I think that's a great idea.  My dh would love you ;)  He has the gift of "words" and affirmation.  I don't.  I am a giver.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)