Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Anybody Famous

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 33 Replies

From your town/area where you grew up?   Or where you currently live?  

I  am from Vancouver Island, and so are:

Nellie Furtado, Diana Krall, Pamela Anderson, producer David Foster, basketball star Steve Nash, Kim Cattrall.  

In Burnaby, where I currently reside (suburb of Vancouver)  we have Michael J Fox, Jason Priestley, and Michael Buble.  

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I didn't know Pam Anderson was Canadian.

Learn something new every day!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Eminem and Kid Rock are from Detroit.

Tim Allen, Kristen Bell, Gilda Radner, Lily Tomlin, Tom Selleck, Bob Seger, Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop, Madonna, Mitch Albom, Robin Williams, That's just the start.

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I live NEAR Wheaton, Illinois, which is where the Belushi's grew up.  And not far from Wheaton is Glen Ellyn, where I believe Gary Sinise grew up! 

Also, Melissa McCarthy (Molly of "Mike & Molly") grew up in Plainfield, IL, which isn't too far from me either.

Jenny McCarthy, who I just learned yesterday is Melissa McCarthy's cousin, grew up in Chicago, but when she was dating Brian Urlacher, she moved to Geneva, IL, which is just miles from where I work.  Not sure if she's still there, though.

Cindy Crawford is from Dekalb, IL, which is about 1/2 hour or so west of where I work.

The Cusacks are from Evanston, but that's a north suburb, so it's not very close to me.

Billy Corgan, from The Smashing Pumpkins, is from Glendale Heights, IL, which is right smack dab next door to me.

kam013
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Well, I am from the Boston area, there are SO many, definitely couldn't list them all.

Some notable names born in and around Boston:  Kurt Russell, Matt Damon, the Kennedy clan, Barbara Walters, Leonard Nimoy, Edgar Allen Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emily Dickinson, Bette Davis, Paul Revere, John Hancock, Mark Wahlberg, Ellen Pompeo, Matt Leblanc, Matthew Perry, James Spader, Uma Thurman, Dr. Suess, Donna Summer, Rob Zombie, Geena Davis, Howie Long, Steve Carrell, Ben Franklin, Sam Adams, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Leonard Bernstien . . . . the list goes on.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM

My sister went to HS with Vince Vaughn. Lake Forest, IL, Mr. T used to live in Lake Forest, Michael Jordan used to have a house in Highland Park, IL.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Steve McQueen was born in Beech Grove Indiana. Dh and I both were also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nybor48
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I live in Vancouver too..... :O... but its WAshington, not BC...  Anyway, we have Greg Biffle (Nascar driver)  other than that, not really sure.  I know that there are famous people from Seattle and Portland, but i really couldn't name any of them..  I just consider them people ya know?  When I was younger, I would go all googly eyed for "famous" people.  Not anymore.. They get paid WAY too much for what they do...  While we have children starving and people that have fought to defend our country living in the streets.  And they are having award shows for themselves getting all kinds of free crap from designers that I will never be able to afford in my lifetime.  Just kinda makes me sick.

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I live in Upper N.Y. and a Hockey player from our town we live in now in Ga (SPHL) is from my home town and went to school with my nephews. I also was raised, with a gentleman who became a self man millionaire and was in Forbes magazine. (Unfortunatley his name is John Smith) No kidding!

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mariagma3:

My sister went to HS with Vince Vaughn. Lake Forest, IL, Mr. T used to live in Lake Forest, Michael Jordan used to have a house in Highland Park, IL.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Vince Vaughn and Michael Jordan.  Didn't know Mr. T used to live in Lake Forest, though.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting Mariagma3:

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Vince Vaughn and Michael Jordan.  Didn't know Mr. T used to live in Lake Forest, though.

Mr. T used to live by Lake Forest hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)