Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

European style "picnic"

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

Wednesday, my husband and I went grocery shopping and I bought a whole grain bread baguette, and we came home and I already had several cheeses, salami, fruit and red wine, and olives.  So we had a very European style dinner, us and our daughter.  We stood around the counter, eating and talking. I love eating that way and haven't done it for a long time.  My father was Italian and I was raised with all that good stuff. Does anyone else indulge in that way?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM

When we first got together Larry and I used to go on road trips to just anywhere and we woupld pack up a basket with some wine,bread,salami and cheese and other munchies and have a picnic. We still do it when the weather is good and our schedules allow.

And I do enjoy eating like that also,kind of setting up a buffet and eating a little bit of everything.

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Yes, I go to the "Italian store" a few times a month, and come home with "soul food".  Volpi, capicola, sopressata, mortadella with pistachio, rare beef, Frutti di mare, olive salald, smoked provolone, fontina, fresh ovolini, a litre of Extra Virgin, a bottle of Balsamic, a stick of pepperoni, a couple sticks of bread... I'm drooling on the keyboard.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Monday at 10:58 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Sounds like fun!We just have some *appetizers* on the weekend & munch & chat ;)

jules8289
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:43 AM

We do that quite often. That is almost staple food for DH and I during warmer weather. It's a little more affordable since it's just two of us. We also have a great Italian grocery store near by in Toledo. When the weather is good we'll pack up a basket and head way up the Maumee River to the dam area in Grand Rapids, Oh. So nice to sit at a picnic table and relax.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I've never done that but I have made appetizers for dinner before.

rosebud727
by Rose on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Yes, more often than we should, but yes.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Yes, we do that often throughout the year but it is the tradition to do so on Christmas Eve when we open presents.

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We used to do that about once a month, haven't in a long time. I agree, we're over due.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

What a neat idea! I was intrigued when I saw the title of your post. It sounds like a fun and memorable meal.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Sounds great- sorry I missed it   :-)

We love this style of dining.     We so enjoy cooking,   gourmet/ unique foods and fun times in the Kitchen.       Even cooking everyday meals is a sampling and creative experience.     I am fortunate,  my man loves to be in the Kitchen and is fabulous.     He used to run a restaurant....   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN