Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I was gone less than an hr for crying out loud!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 34 Replies

Wednesday is our trash day, we put our trash by the side of the road on the left(facing the road w/ the house behind us) and always make sure there is plenty of grass between the road and trash can so a car doesn't knock it over. We also live on a road where the speed limit is 45(or supposed to be)

I left for Physical Therapy, the trash collectors hadn't come yet, came straight back, was gone maybe 45 minutes and this is what I came home to!!!

Now what you can't see it the lid on the far left of the driveway! The trash can is smashed on the bottom and the mail box pole is bent ! Also who ever did this put the pieces of the mail box and pole INSIDE the mail box! (where the trash can is, is where the mail person drives thru! What really pisses me off, I got that mail box for DH and for 3 months, YES 3 months secretly painted Airplanes on both sides of the mail box as a birthday present for him, He works at an aircraft company! UGGHHH!

I have called our trash collection place several times about the way the pick up ppl just throw the cans after they empty them( its county collected and they use inmates as their workers) I'm guessing that is what happened, and the can was in the road, and someone just smashed into it? or they hit it themselves or threw it at our mailbox? I just so mad!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busygramma4
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be really mad too. Wouldn't that be considered a hit and run even if the garbage co. did that? I think I would check into that or threaten the co. with it.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I would be upset too.         Did the paint job on the box get damaged or does it just need to be remounted ? 

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Called the trash ppl 2 mins before 10 this morn. The person I needed to talk to wasn't "in". I called the sheriffs dept. he said he didn't see any tire marks as if someone went off the road??(it's been pouring rain all day!)

edit* I Just called the trash collection place again, and was told again the man I needed to talk to wasn't in. So I asked if was was coming in at all today, and I was told they didn't know!

Quoting busygramma4:

I would be really mad too. Wouldn't that be considered a hit and run even if the garbage co. did that? I think I would check into that or threaten the co. with it.

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I need to calm down, I'm to "afraid to look" :( I did it all free hand, with the exception of just out lining the plane itself. I used a trace of a certain size model for that.

Quoting LeJane:

I would be upset too.         Did the paint job on the box get damaged or does it just need to be remounted ? 

teaching1972
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Unbelievable!  What a blatant disrespect of property! Hope everything works out.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I can see how you would be angry and upset.  I hope you are able to get some resolution.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM

That is really is a fricking shame! I'm so sorry! Can you call the trash company and complain? Really bad service on their part. HUGS!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I'm so sorry. *HUGS* If I were a garbage collector I'd take pride in my work same as always. Mine don't. They are terrible too but they've never messed with the mail box., that's even worse! Hey, that might violate a federal law!

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Yea, I called the county trash collection office and I got told the person wasn't in yet( it was 2 mins to 10 AM!) They asked for my name and phone number & I haven't heard back yet. If I don't hear from him by 2 pm I'm calling back! 

Quoting Mariagma3:

That is really is a fricking shame! I'm so sorry! Can you call the trash company and complain? Really bad service on their part. HUGS!

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

My dh and I are always talking about how disrespectful the trash ppl are by just throwing everyones cans all over the yards, and some don't even make it and they are practically in the road. PPl that work can't get their cans out of the road! It takes 2 seconds to put the can back where they got it from, what if that can in the road causes an accident because some one was swearving to avoid it? who's fault would that be?

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I'm so sorry. *HUGS* If I were a garbage collector I'd take pride in my work same as always. Mine don't. They are terrible too but they've never messed with the mail box., that's even worse! Hey, that might violate a federal law!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN