Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM
  • 74 Replies

come tell us...

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Boy is it chilly this morning.  I'm having some coffee and happy that I don't have to get out right now.  I plan to go get on the treadmill at some point this morning.  I have to go to walmart and get a couple of things.  I need some tooth paste and mascara...that kind of thing.  Other than that...not sure.  Have a great day ladies!!   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:11 AM

toothpaste and mascara - ha!  that's what I bought at Walmart just last week! 

but YAY!  It's Friday!  This week has been insanely busy - what's new, right?  but my heart has been having these fluttery feelings - I've had episodes of rapid heartbeat over the last couple of decades.  Wednesday evening, I was outside for my last cigarette of the day and a new neighbor was outside, too.  She was in "my spot."  lol.  So I had to stand there while she chatted away - and during that time my heart started it's stupid rapid thing.  UGH.  I was being polite, letting her chat away but finally had to interrupt her and tell her I had to go.  When I got inside, I did my "bearing down" routine and that stopped the rapid beat.  yesterday, at the office, my heart felt like it was going to start the damn rapid beating again which made me MORE anxious because the last thing I need is to have to go to the damn ER and spend hundreds of dollars.  Thankfully, it never did go into rapid beat.  The weird thing is, the WB has been okay - at least with me - for a while now.  But yesterday she chewed out several others - the tension at the office is so thick - it's the proverbial "you could cut it with a knife."  My coworker, MM, has car problems and i've been picking her up to/from work - it's been great!  We get to vent to each other about the issues at the office!  Cheap therapy! 

Hope everyone has a GREAT FRIDAY! 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:27 AM

OK what is the bearing down Ronna?  That scares me about the rapid heart beat.  Sometimes my will feel fluttery and that freaks me out!!!  LOL  I don't know why and I haven't gone to a dr about it.   You don't go to the dr a lot when you don't have insurance and plus I do have relatively good health. 

You know even though she hasn't been as bad on you you are still in a very stressful environment and you never know when she'll amp on you so there's no way you can be relaxed at work either way.  Good think you've got someone to vent to on the way to work though. :)

Hope today goes by quickly at work for you!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

but YAY!  It's Friday!  This week has been insanely busy - what's new, right?  but my heart has been having these fluttery feelings - I've had episodes of rapid heartbeat over the last couple of decades.  Wednesday evening, I was outside for my last cigarette of the day and a new neighbor was outside, too.  She was in "my spot."  lol.  So I had to stand there while she chatted away - and during that time my heart started it's stupid rapid thing.  UGH.  I was being polite, letting her chat away but finally had to interrupt her and tell her I had to go.  When I got inside, I did my "bearing down" routine and that stopped the rapid beat.  yesterday, at the office, my heart felt like it was going to start the damn rapid beating again which made me MORE anxious because the last thing I need is to have to go to the damn ER and spend hundreds of dollars.  Thankfully, it never did go into rapid beat.  The weird thing is, the WB has been okay - at least with me - for a while now.  But yesterday she chewed out several others - the tension at the office is so thick - it's the proverbial "you could cut it with a knife."  My coworker, MM, has car problems and i've been picking her up to/from work - it's been great!  We get to vent to each other about the issues at the office!  Cheap therapy! 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM

PSVT is not life-threatening, I'm not having a heart attack - just a very rapid heartbeat.  It started in 1997. Rapid as in over 200 beats per minute!  The first one freaked me out but I know it's not life-threatening so when it happens now, it's just annoying.  lol.  Bearing down is what you do when you want to have  BM ... lol.  That usually works.  If not, my next step is to dunk my head in a bucket of ice water.  And then if that doesn't work, and if the rapid beat has been continuing over 45 minutes, then I have to get my butt (or my heart, rather) to an ER where they hook me up to an EKG then give me a dose of adenosin, which is like rebooting a computer!  lol.  It literally stops my heart from beating for a split second and when it starts up it's back to normal rhythm.  next time, I want to be facing the EKG monitor so I can see my heart stop.  Last time this happened was November 2011, just after I started working at the law firm.  I went to the closest ER, which was KU Med Ctr and the "kid" at the EKG monitor (a young resident or intern), said, "Cool!" when the adenosin stopped my heart.  lol.  So if I'm gonna be spending hundreds of dollars, I WANT TO SEE IT!!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

OK what is the bearing down Ronna?  That scares me about the rapid heart beat.  Sometimes my will feel fluttery and that freaks me out!!!  LOL  I don't know why and I haven't gone to a dr about it.   You don't go to the dr a lot when you don't have insurance and plus I do have relatively good health. 

You know even though she hasn't been as bad on you you are still in a very stressful environment and you never know when she'll amp on you so there's no way you can be relaxed at work either way.  Good think you've got someone to vent to on the way to work though. :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:11 AM

LOL  Ok then....bearing down!!  LOL  Got it.  Thanks for explaining about your heart.  I'm sure it could be scary!  Anyway...I'd want to see it too.  I think.   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

PSVT is not life-threatening, I'm not having a heart attack - just a very rapid heartbeat.  It started in 1997. Rapid as in over 200 beats per minute!  The first one freaked me out but I know it's not life-threatening so when it happens now, it's just annoying.  lol.  Bearing down is what you do when you want to have  BM ... lol.  That usually works.  If not, my next step is to dunk my head in a bucket of ice water.  And then if that doesn't work, and if the rapid beat has been continuing over 45 minutes, then I have to get my butt (or my heart, rather) to an ER where they hook me up to an EKG then give me a dose of adenosin, which is like rebooting a computer!  lol.  It literally stops my heart from beating for a split second and when it starts up it's back to normal rhythm.  next time, I want to be facing the EKG monitor so I can see my heart stop.  Last time this happened was November 2011, just after I started working at the law firm.  I went to the closest ER, which was KU Med Ctr and the "kid" at the EKG monitor (a young resident or intern), said, "Cool!" when the adenosin stopped my heart.  lol.  So if I'm gonna be spending hundreds of dollars, I WANT TO SEE IT!!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting suzeebloch:

shebaben
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM

This morning, since the granddaughters have no school today or Monday but Mommy and Daddy are at work, , I'm taking them to Michael's so the older one cn get supplies for a going away project for her favorite gymnastics coach. Then to the library to return books. Then, with luck, a friend of our 6 year old will come to play so I'll have time ot help the 10 yer old with her project. Get husband up, put him in the shower, change him, get him ready for the day.  Take everyone to the dog park and playground - lunch - then get ready to take them to car pool drop off to go on to gymastics. Home with the little one, then she'll beg to have a sleepover...

Tomorrow get # 1 to gym, keep both all day...Sunday take them to church and breakfast...Soud like a fun weekend? It's pretty normal around here!

cherylam
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM

grandkids are coming this weekend, staying until Monday afternoon.  Granddaughter, 3, is sick, so lots of TLC and soup from Grandma.  Grandson, 15, will probably go see a movie with Grandpa.  Johns daughter found out she is having a baby girl in July, so I have to cut out some nighties for when the baby is a few months old.  They outgrow newborn things so fast!  It's almost time to pull cinnamon rolls out for breakfast... a lazy morning, but it'll pick up when we go get the kids.

hugss
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Friday ~

Youngest ds will be here for the wekeend,
So today hanging out a bit with him & house stuff of course ;)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Whew!!!  I'm tired just reading all you have to do!!  Take some time to sit down and catch your breath too!!  lol  I hope you have a great day!   :)

Quoting shebaben:

This morning, since the granddaughters have no school today or Monday but Mommy and Daddy are at work, , I'm taking them to Michael's so the older one cn get supplies for a going away project for her favorite gymnastics coach. Then to the library to return books. Then, with luck, a friend of our 6 year old will come to play so I'll have time ot help the 10 yer old with her project. Get husband up, put him in the shower, change him, get him ready for the day.  Take everyone to the dog park and playground - lunch - then get ready to take them to car pool drop off to go on to gymastics. Home with the little one, then she'll beg to have a sleepover...

Tomorrow get # 1 to gym, keep both all day...Sunday take them to church and breakfast...Soud like a fun weekend? It's pretty normal around here!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Sounds like a fun filled weekend!!  Have a good day   :)

Quoting cherylam:

grandkids are coming this weekend, staying until Monday afternoon.  Granddaughter, 3, is sick, so lots of TLC and soup from Grandma.  Grandson, 15, will probably go see a movie with Grandpa.  Johns daughter found out she is having a baby girl in July, so I have to cut out some nighties for when the baby is a few months old.  They outgrow newborn things so fast!  It's almost time to pull cinnamon rolls out for breakfast... a lazy morning, but it'll pick up when we go get the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)