Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My new iPhone is making me feel obsolete!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:03 AM
  • 15 Replies

So, long story shortened...We had to switch cell phone companies and we went with Sprint. Since we had to switch my son encouraged me to get the iPhone and he offered to help me to learn to use it. So I've spent the whole evening trying to figure out how to make it do what I've come to depend on my phone to do. My old phone, an LG basic feature phone, did everything I needed simply and efficiently, it served my needs perfectly. This iPhone, on the other hand, does nothing "simply" and apparently expects me to serve its needs. Then there's Siri...excuse my language but that b***h and I are not going to get along! I think that either I'm obsolete or I've made a mistake...ARGH. 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosebud727
by Rose on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Once you get used to the iPhone ios you'll love it. My favorite is the calendar that will sync with my all of my Windows based Outlook programs at work since I'm Apple at home and Windows at work. However there are currently some "bugs" in the new ios causing system analysts to block iphones and ipads until the newest ios until it's fixed.

If you get an ipad the same ios will be on that too, of course depending on the generation.

It's all about the apps now, seek and destroy and look first for all that are free, which is many!

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I hated my iPhone and switched back to android. I will never own another iPhone!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I have a slide out keypad type phone.  Does that tell you how old mine is????   lol  I don't know if I want to upgrade just because I've heard it's so hard to use!!  I'm a little challenged when it comes to things like that.  Good luck on yours!!  I hope you can figure it out.  I would think they would have a class with your phone co. to help you.  I'd ask.  :)

Molly2u
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM

You will love your cell phone once you learn how to use it. I don't know how I could have done with out it I have all my key chains on it. Its the second best thing to my family. Enjoy : -) 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM

You will love your iphone once you get use to it,
Ask away & maybe we can help.
I love mine :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM

What didn't you like about it ?

Quoting nana9106:

I hated my iPhone and switched back to android. I will never own another iPhone!

PestPatti
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I just upgraeded to the LG Lucid.  I like it, and I just got in on Thursday.

I was annoyed yesterday when I went to 3 local Verizon Stores, they only had 2 different colors for cases.  Pink or Black.    I went online to  Amazon found MANY choices.  I bought 3....

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

My son and his wife have i phones and love them.  My hubby has some sort of smart phone but uses very little that it has to offer and since I only use my cell phone to make and receive calls and take a very occasional picture when my camera is not available, I have no need for anything super talented. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM
No I phones for me, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I'll stick with my desk top and "Obama" phone lol. Each serves the purpose I need them for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)