Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Paying the price for my forgetfullness

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have been so busy with my mom that I forgot to call Andrew's DR. to get a refill on his meds. He is already beyond wird after not taking them for one day, I may not have any sanity left at all by Tuesday.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM

oh no! That's not good.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. If you keep a calendar I would put a reminder for next month on it.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Yeah, that can happen with all you have going on lately. We have all been there! Hang on!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Oh dear, hang in there, sweetie. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Oh oh...

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Call the doctor's off hours line.  or sometimes a pharmacist will help out with just a couple doses. Take the child to an urgent care or one of those in store quick care clinics if that doesn't work, take what paperwork and the med container if you can and discuss it. You should be able to get the meds that he needs.

DysphoniaBec
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I have had our regular pharmacist help out with a couple of days worth of meds until can get ahold of the doctor.  Good luck.  Don't beat yourself up over this.  It happens!  Once I almost gave my DD my DS's ADHD meds.  Luckily, she asked what the meds were for!

caro100
by Carol on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Oh, dear.  Not good at all.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

LOL I once accidentaly took one of Andrew's ADD meds instead of my antibiotic I was on at the time. 

Quoting DysphoniaBec:

I have had our regular pharmacist help out with a couple of days worth of meds until can get ahold of the doctor.  Good luck.  Don't beat yourself up over this.  It happens!  Once I almost gave my DD my DS's ADHD meds.  Luckily, she asked what the meds were for!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I'll just tough it out. I am tired of all the running and want to take advantage of the couple of days that I do not have to. He will be OK for a aother day or two I think.

Quoting Bmat:

Call the doctor's off hours line.  or sometimes a pharmacist will help out with just a couple doses. Take the child to an urgent care or one of those in store quick care clinics if that doesn't work, take what paperwork and the med container if you can and discuss it. You should be able to get the meds that he needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN