Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

jiggity jog home again

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

YAY I'm home!! I arrived late Wed. night. Thursday was full of cleaning and errand running, plus supper to cook and a dessert for dh for Vday. Friday was more cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.

My dad was in the hospital in Oct., released to a nursing home in November for rehab. he has not progress and gotten so much worse that I went home to assist my mother in his becoming a perm. resident.

there was a butt load of paperwork to do and meetings. I had to go postal on the nh 5 times in 10 days due to the lack of care for my dads health. AND it is the best nh in town :(

I am very concerned that he won't live to see his birthday in Sept. due to their lack of care.

I also spent everyday with my gd...wish I could say it was the highlight of my trip but it was not. She has been allowed to be a terrible terrible screaming meanie. 

I was soooooooo happy to get home. PLUS for the first time in years, I missed my dh and he missed me. So it wasn't all a waste. lol

Dawn; daughter, wife, mom, MiMi

Blogger @ http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com  and

writer for:  www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM

It is always good to get back home! 

Hopefully the screamin' meanie thing is just a stage and will pass soon.

Good luck with your folks. they are lucky to have you to help them out through a difficult time. Don't forget to take time for yourself, too. Or is that the "happy to see you" part! wink-wink! nudge-nudge!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Glad you are home safe and sound  Dawn.  That does not sound like a very relaxing trip for you.  Sorry about your Dad.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I'm sorry about your dad.  It must be awful leaving him in a place that does not take good care of him :(   My dd works at a nursing home and it is suppose to be a "premier nursing home" (is that the right word) but they are so short staffed she feels like she isn't giving proper care.  It upsets her so.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Sorry about your dad. Glad you made it home!

caro100
by Carol on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM

My my what a time you had.  Glad you're home safe and sound.  Sorry about your Dad.  The gd, sigh, hopefully she will get better.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM

So glad you hear you are home.  I am so sorry about your dad and the NH.  I know that had to be very difficult.  I hope that your mom is doing ok, I am sure she appreciated your help.  You are a good daughter.  Also sorrry about the screaming meanie - Do you get to see her often?  Perhaps it is a phase.  It is always good to get back to your own bed.  Welcome back! 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Welcome home Dawn,
Hopefully things will be ok with your Dad ..
Glad you're back safe & sound & tons of hugs to you :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:44 AM

As I've already told you...I'm glad you're home and I'm so sorry about your dad

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I am sorry that your dad isn't getting better but at least you are home.

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I'm very glad to be home, now I'm sick. :(

Quoting Why123:

I am sorry that your dad isn't getting better but at least you are home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)