Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for February 18th

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:27 AM
  • 21 Replies

If you are packing yourself a lunch today, what are you putting in your lunchbox?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Well, I pretty much take my lunch with me to the office every day, but I don't use a lunchbox.  That's because I drink 3 raw egg yolks and then 3 teaspoons of coconut oil that I've mixed with baking cocoa and Splenda.  A dozen eggs covers me for 4 lunches!  lol.  And the coconut oil is in a jar that I keep in the cupboard in the kitchen at work.  I don't drink the eggs because I like the taste, though!  I try to swallow those yolks intact.  Ick on raw egg yolk!  lol.  And I nibble on raw or lightly roasted almonds throughout the day for snack.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Sorry but ICK! Why do you drink raw eggs?

Quoting suzeebloch:

Well, I pretty much take my lunch with me to the office every day, but I don't use a lunchbox.  That's because I drink 3 raw egg yolks and then 3 teaspoons of coconut oil that I've mixed with baking cocoa and Splenda.  A dozen eggs covers me for 4 lunches!  lol.  And the coconut oil is in a jar that I keep in the cupboard in the kitchen at work.  I don't drink the eggs because I like the taste, though!  I try to swallow those yolks intact.  Ick on raw egg yolk!  lol.  And I nibble on raw or lightly roasted almonds throughout the day for snack.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:36 AM

At the office, we get 30 minutes for lunch.  I'm a smoker and so by drinking the egg yolks and eating the coconut oil, I can get my lunch done in less than 5 minutes and then go out for a quick smoke break.  And that gives me 4 or 5 more little 5-minute smoke or should I call them "sanity"  breaks.  I only smoke about 1/3 of a cigarette per break.  lol.  Plus I have ample protein and calories at lunch, but ZERO carbs so I don't get the afternoon drowsies. I drink plenty of fluid, too, so my smoke breaks are really determined by my bladder.  When I have to go to the bathroom, I'll go outside for a quick break - and because I have to pee, I don't linger outside too long.  lol.  It works for me.

Quoting Cindy18:

Sorry but ICK! Why do you drink raw eggs?

Quoting suzeebloch:

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Not really packing lunch today but plan on eating the yogurt and fruit I have here so I don't have to pack it up and take it home today.  It's one less thing to pack up!  lol

I'm with you....EWWW  on the raw eggs.  That would make me get sick. lol 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I separate the eggs and just gulp down the egg yolk - I hate when the yolk breaks and I taste it!  So I try to gulp it down like swallowing a pill - and that way I don't taste it!  And the coconut oil with the cocoa is like eating chocolate, so that's my "reward" for gulping down the yolks. 

Quoting louannwilkins:

Not really packing lunch today but plan on eating the yogurt and fruit I have here so I don't have to pack it up and take it home today.  It's one less thing to pack up!  lol

I'm with you....EWWW  on the raw eggs.  That would make me get sick. lol 

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I pack my lunch everyday. I can't leave to go get something. So, if I want to eat, I have to bring it.

In my lunch bag today, I have:

Breakfast: Oatmeal & Applesauce

Snack: Girl Scout cookies

Lunch: Chili (leftover from lasts nights dinner ) and crackers & a banana

Snack: Valentines candies

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Small size cottage cheese with a half sandwich , apple & water :)

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I usually bring my lunch when there is nothing I want to eat in the cafeteria.  Today I have a pastrami on rye sandwich, Campbells Chicken and Stars soup on the go and a banana.  I have cucumber slices with radishes and blueberries to snack on.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I usually pack a lunch but ran out of lunchmeat. So today I have Peanut Butter&Honey crackers, some petite dill pickles, a string cheese, 2 oranges (which I probably won't eat) and a banana.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Don't pack a lunch anymore.  Lunch around here is usually whatever is left over from dinner the night before and if there are no leftovers, then I usually make a salad of some sort.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)