Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Wedding responsibilities= grooms family

Posted by   + Show Post

As the grooms family, what do you feel is your responsibilities?

In years gone by, there was the "traditional wedding" and the etiquette rules. Seems those days are gone. But what did you pay for? Did the bride's family include you in the plans? How did you feel if not?

My youngest son is getting married in June. He and his fiance had it all planned out, we discussed it all. Then he left for basic. Everything has been changed and I know nothing now. Plus her family is wanting us to pay for things that are just out of our reach. hmmm how to handle it without making my son up set and being shut out?!?!?

Her mom wants us to pay for the rehearsal, no problem, BUT, she wants to include ALL their family. NO ONE will be in the wedding except my son and his fiance/the bride. YET her mom wants us to pay for 30 out of country guest.

uhh NO

What do you think? What did you do?

HELP

wedding

Dawn; daughter, wife, mom, MiMi

Blogger @ http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com  and

writer for:  www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Replies (91-94):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Then I would get on the phone and leave a message for her and tell her that if she'd like to discuss it further she could call me.  She is not only RUDE and INCONSIDERATE she is an idiot.  Just who did she make it clear to????  I mean.....hello.  Evidently all of her money still won't buy her any CLASS.  What an ass. 

Quoting homeskoolmama:

IF I could get the woman to talk to me, we'd talk. She is too good to talk to me...she has made it clear she DOES NOT like me, will not talk to me and if she had her way we would only be "invited" to the wedding.

Can you imagine what kind of mess it will be come holidays and grandkids and who does and does not see them?!?!?!

Quoting louannwilkins:

I've always known the rehearsal dinner to be just that.  For the ones who are rehearsing.  Me...that's ALL I would pay for and I would make that VERY clear to miss pushy.  Another thing....if those two are going to allow her to be pushy and determine how things turn out now it will only get worse.  Just wait til they have a baby.  Seriously....she needs to tell her mom to get a life.  Just my opinion.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I agree with you. I think the marriage is doomed and its not began yet.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Then I would get on the phone and leave a message for her and tell her that if she'd like to discuss it further she could call me.  She is not only RUDE and INCONSIDERATE she is an idiot.  Just who did she make it clear to????  I mean.....hello.  Evidently all of her money still won't buy her any CLASS.  What an ass. 

Quoting homeskoolmama:

IF I could get the woman to talk to me, we'd talk. She is too good to talk to me...she has made it clear she DOES NOT like me, will not talk to me and if she had her way we would only be "invited" to the wedding.

Can you imagine what kind of mess it will be come holidays and grandkids and who does and does not see them?!?!?!

Quoting louannwilkins:

I've always known the rehearsal dinner to be just that.  For the ones who are rehearsing.  Me...that's ALL I would pay for and I would make that VERY clear to miss pushy.  Another thing....if those two are going to allow her to be pushy and determine how things turn out now it will only get worse.  Just wait til they have a baby.  Seriously....she needs to tell her mom to get a life.  Just my opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grannywilson
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I think talking to the new bride to be might be helpful.  Everyone should understand what a budget means.  If her mom would come that would be nice. If $1,000.00 is your limit then it is your limit.  Send the check and let her figure it out.  That is what she is going to do anyway.  If it starts to turn ugly at the dinner with the alcohol, then eat a run.  This is getting way to out of hand.  I can't imagine that any bride and groom would want this for the memory of their wedding. 

Tyger88
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Money is Not always a Blessing, If You can't handle what comes with it...;) IMO

Quoting homeskoolmama:

I think there are some who are blessed with money and don't understand budget or lack of.

Quoting terri-553:

I don;t think I;d be paying for 30 extra people,Who has that kind of money??If her family wants 30 extra people maybe they should pay for them??Money is tight for most of us

Tyger88cat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN