Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

TODAY IS OUR 40TH ANNIVERSARY!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 52 Replies

We planned our wedding for the 18th to be as close as possible to Valentine's Day so for us our anniversary celebration was from Thursday through today. On Thursday we had a very odd but sweetly romantic dinner at our local minor league ballpark. They offered their luxury suites for private dinners and we went and did that. It was really rather nice and although the food was hardly gourmet, it was okay and the occasion and setting made up for it. 

My husband took off Friday and today and we're just taking the day easy. We got up late and went to a leisurely breakfast. Now I'm on the computer and my husband is watching DVD's. Later we'll probably go to Benihana for dinner. 

Over the next couple of years we'll be slowly adjusting to our son being more and more independent and finally a bit down the road we'll have an empty nest and then my husband will be retiring. It's nice to look forward to more time with my best friend and husband. Forty years, I simply can't imagine where the time has gone!

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Happy Anniversary!  So romantic that you are looking forward to spending more time with your best friend in your golden years.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Congratulations on 40 years! Me and my husband have also been celebrating our anniversary of ten years on Valentines Day.lol  I hope we're graced with 40 years together..if we're lucky to live that long.lol

Again congrats! 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Congratulations

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Thank you

Quoting Esmrlda:

Happy Anniversary!  So romantic that you are looking forward to spending more time with your best friend in your golden years.

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Thank you and congratulations to you as well.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Congratulations on 40 years! Me and my husband have also been celebrating our anniversary of ten years on Valentines Day.lol  I hope we're graced with 40 years together..if we're lucky to live that long.lol

Again congrats! 

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Thank you

Quoting Cindy18:

Congratulations

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Happy Anniversary!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Great milestone!!! Happy anniversary!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Happy anniversary!!!!!    :)

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Congratulations on forty years together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)