Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Poor little girl! Up date in red.

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 24 Replies

Had to keep Kali home this morning because she was running a 103 temperature.  She wasn't feeling good Friday and I  had kept ther home but she was feeling better by the afternoon so I let her go to her Moms for the weekend. But she did the samething over there woke up Saturday morning with a fever and threw up once and by lunch time she was feeling better and Sunday she was fine.

And right now shes laying down and her fever is lower but still there. They have no appointments available at her pediatricians office so will wait until later and call back if she isn't better and make an appointment for in the morning.

So I'm making a big pot of veggie beef soup for dinner,figure that would be good for her and light on her stomach incase it gets upset again.But so far so good.

Hate it when the little ones are sick.

Kali ended up getting worse and her fever spiked to 104+ and she was almost in tears saying it hurt when she tried to take a deep breath and her right sode of her chest hurt. So I took her into ER and they xrayed her and she has pnuemonia in her right lung.  

I felt so sorry for the little thing because she had a bad experience with shots the last time and her leg got really sore.  So of course they needed to give her TWO shots in her upper butt cheeks.  I thought we were going ot have to hold her down because she started freaking out..I got her calmed down and they gave her the shots(she screamed) it made me want to cry. And it burned so bad she was crying.

But its making her feel better already plus they gave her Motrin for the fever and it broke before we were done there. And she has to take Zithromax for the next 6 days.  But if shes feeling better and no fever she can go back to scool Wednesday.

S0 send some prayers and good thoughts for my grand daughter Kali,to get better soon. 

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Hope she is better soon. It is sad when little ones are sick. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:06 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Aww hope she feels better soon :)

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Poor baby.  I hope she feels better soon.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Do hope she feels better soon.  Being sick is no fun at any age, but particularly hard on a child. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Is that your grandchild?  I hope she is better soon. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Awww hope she feels better soon!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Aww, poor thing.  Hope she feels better soon!

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Awwwww I hope she feels better soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Poor little sweetie, pnumonia sucks to have. Hope she gets rid of it soon!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Pneumonia? Dang, poor thing. I hope she's feeling better in no time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)