Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Tell me how to use a cab...

Posted by   + Show Post

I realize this may sound dumb to some but I've never flagged a cab.  I don't know the "rules" of cab riding.  My dd and I have decided to take a bus from Mdsn to Chicago.  We will take a cab to hotel and the zoo etc.  If someone flags a cab for me do I tip them?  At the hotel how do ask for a cab?  I assume I tip the cab driver?  How much?  Do they really take the loooong route to charge more money?   Help, this is stressful!!!

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Replies (21-23):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quoting hugss:

You're going to have a great time!
We want to hear all about it!  How lucky that the two of you get to do this.
It will be awesome so get ready to enjoy :)

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting hugss:

How did it go ?

We will be going the first weekend in April.  It's a Xmas present from my dd.  She and I watch the show "Giuliana and Bill" and they opened a  restaurant in Chicago.  She made reservations for it.  She also wants to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo because when she was little we use to go there every summer.  My dh would do the driving and this time it is just her and me and I don't want to drive in Chicago.  I actually kind of don't want to go at all but she was so excited to plan this for us I don't have the heart to tell her I don't want to go :(

Thanks!  I'm trying not to stress about it ;)

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM

At the hotel, when we were in Fla. We asked the front desk and they called us a cab. They did have a shuttle that would take us  to certain places for free.

nuts4scouts
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Quoting jabs54:
She also wants to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo because when she was little we use to go there every summer.  My dh would do the driving and this time it is just her and me and I don't want to drive in Chicago.  I actually kind of don't want to go at all but she was so excited to plan this for us I don't have the heart to tell her I don't want to go :(

Why don't you want to come to Chicago?

We are actually a rather nice bunch here!

If you are heading to Lincoln Park for the Zoo you should take some time to go thru the Conservatory on the North end.

Also North of the Zoo, just across Fullerton, is the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.

South of the zoo is the Chicago History Museum.  A must see if you are a history buff.

If you are interested in theatre, you should check out Gary Sinise's, Steppenwolf Theatre Company in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.

There is tons of stuff to do Downtown too.

If you are not interested in fishes, stars, or mummys, there is always great art at the Art Instutite. Take a tour on a double decker bus, or an arcitectural tour on the river.

Gaze into the "Bean", and walk thru the gardens in Grant Park.

Have Fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)