Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When was the last time you cut....

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 80 Replies

someones hair? 

Do you ever cut your Dh's hair, trim it or use the shears? Clean up the back of his neck for him?

How about your children, did you cut their hair? Grandkids?

Have you ever cut your own hair?

When was the last time YOU cut someones hair? Are you any good at it?

scissor   mirror

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not allowed to use scissors anound anyone's head.   When we lived  on an island in a logging camp in Alaska and there were no barbers there, I decided that I would cut my then 5 year old son's hair.  This was in May and he wore a stocking cap for the rest of the summer.  I kid you not.  It was a disaster.  Many years later, my daughter wanted her bangs trimmed and so I decided to give it a try and it was yet another disaster and I wound up taking her to a salon to fix it.  By this time we were living down here and a salon was available.   I have offered to cut dh's hair but he wisely has not taken me up on my offer.  No, in a word, I am not good at it and didn't miss my calling when I didn't go into cosmetology.  One of my dil's is a very talented beutician.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I've trimmed people's hair before.  Even though I go for hair cuts I still trim my own bangs and don't let anyone else do it. 

Jers.
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I clean his neck and sideburns with the electric razor in between cuts, but that's it.  I don't even trim my own bangs - My salon trims my bangs for free whenever I stop by.  I don't touch my kids' hair.  

MamaSnaps
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM

About 2 weeks ago. I always do the boys hair. My daughter doesn't get hers cut-it seems to break off at one length that she's happy with. 
Mine? Sure. I trim it up between cuts. I trim my hairdresser's hair for her. She won't trust anyone to do exactly what she says.
On the flip side... I did drop out of beauty school about 20 years ago when it got to the last few months. Decided that it was NOT what I wanted to do forever! 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Saturday!  I had a whole entire day of hair cuts.  I felt as though I was working at Great Clips again with a day filled full of hair cuts.

hehehe

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Heck, I didn't finish reading all of this I suppose.

Yes, I cut kids hair...not my grand daughters hair ....yet

Yes, I've cut my hair, but rarely do and don't like to.

sweetnana1964
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I still help my grown son trim up his hair. I use to cut my daughters hair when they were little but not now that they are grown. I don't do my husband. He goes to a barber.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I just get the bottom of my hair cut every 6-8 weeks, and do the layers and bangs myself.  It is the only way to get what I want, hairdressers never listen, or they screw up what I ask, and cut too much hair into layers.  It has worked for me for years. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I cut my dh's hair but sometimes I just don't want to do it so I send him to the salon.  When my son was young I use to cut his hair.  I cut the top part of my hair and use the thinning scissors on the rest of my hair during the winter.  Usually I get a short haircut come spring.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I cut my husband's hair and mine every few months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)