Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

When was the last time you cut....

Posted by   + Show Post

someones hair? 

Do you ever cut your Dh's hair, trim it or use the shears? Clean up the back of his neck for him?

How about your children, did you cut their hair? Grandkids?

Have you ever cut your own hair?

When was the last time YOU cut someones hair? Are you any good at it?

scissor   mirror

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (71-80):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Yes that counts, what kind of dog do you have?

Quoting WillTimsmom:

I cut my dogs hair when he gets mats. Does that count? I do that about once a week.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

No pressure on you. ; )

Quoting Cindy18:

I use to cut the boys hair with the clippers but it's been about 3 years. They either do it themselves or we go get it cut.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Thats great! Its so hard to find someone you like and trust.  Made me chuckle about the fads. I remember they used to call highlighting.  "Frosted" LoL

Quoting LeJane:

Just a couple of weeks ago,

I am a licensed Cosmetologist,    I do not work in the field.

Through the years,   I have cut all of the kids and my  mans' hair as long as I can remember.     We also have colored/highlighted and had fun with many, many styles and fads....    

As far as my hair,   I now go to a salon.   It is very difficult to color and cut the back of your own hair .       I had done it myself for so long.    I found a stylist that I love and now let her take care of it for me.   

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM

How did corporate america treat you? 

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

I loved it, doing hair was something I always wanted to do.  But I also had a degree in marketing, and after spending all that money for college I feft I should stop working in the salon..and join corporate america :)

Quoting Esmrlda:

Oh what happened, you didnt like it? 

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

I use to cut my boys hair when they were little.

Many years ago ( in my early 20s) I use to work in a beauty salon. I'm still licensed in New York....

I cut my hair sometimes...

LadyDiamond927
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:17 AM
LOL corporate america was great to me, but beauty &hair will always be my first love :)

Quoting Esmrlda:

How did corporate america treat you? 

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

I loved it, doing hair was something I always wanted to do.  But I also had a degree in marketing, and after spending all that money for college I feft I should stop working in the salon..and join corporate america :)

Quoting Esmrlda:

Oh what happened, you didnt like it? 

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

I use to cut my boys hair when they were little.

Many years ago ( in my early 20s) I use to work in a beauty salon. I'm still licensed in New York....

I cut my hair sometimes...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bwolfe63
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I clean up the back of my boyfriends neck all the time. lol.....I am the only one my 3 year old granddaughter will cut her hair. She says noone else can touch it. I am not really that good at it .

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I always trimmed by girls hair when they were smaller, as they got to be teens we went to a "cuts by us" kind of place until we found a really great salon, that didn't charge an arm and a leg and the girls really liked the hair dresser.

I only trim my own if I ahem.. singe it burning leaves or something, like last weekend!

DH asks me to trim up the back of his hair all the time,(he has this vaccume trimmer thing,I hate it and want him to go to a regular hair place)  I have R.A. and my hands aren't always steady and we don't have "hair" siccors. 

Because I used to groom dogs, all my family thinks I can cut human hair! banging head into wall

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Yikes, be careful with the fire. What the heck were you doing dousing it with fluid?

Thats funny the connection with the human hair and the dog grooming!

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

I always trimmed by girls hair when they were smaller, as they got to be teens we went to a "cuts by us" kind of place until we found a really great salon, that didn't charge an arm and a leg and the girls really liked the hair dresser.

I only trim my own if I ahem.. singe it burning leaves or something, like last weekend!

DH asks me to trim up the back of his hair all the time,(he has this vaccume trimmer thing,I hate it and want him to go to a regular hair place)  I have R.A. and my hands aren't always steady and we don't have "hair" siccors. 

Because I used to groom dogs, all my family thinks I can cut human hair! banging head into wall

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Heck no, no fluid. I don't mess with it! I just try to start them with sticks and leaves, DH is the fire bug with fluid,(makes me nervous)

YEP, guess they all figure if I could(or used to) be able to cut a usually squirrmy, wiggly dog. How hard can it be to do a human, usually sitting still! LOL

Quoting Esmrlda:

Yikes, be careful with the fire. What the heck were you doing dousing it with fluid?

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Oh yeah, dh likes to use fluid. I have to tell him to STOP! Once the fire crept up the stream to the gas can and he was holding the can while it was on fire and he tossed it into the woods because he didnt know what else to do. Luckily there was a hose by our camp ground spot. Did he learn, Nope.

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

Heck no, no fluid. I don't mess with it! I just try to start them with sticks and leaves, DH is the fire bug with fluid,(makes me nervous)

YEP, guess they all figure if I could(or used to) be able to cut a usually squirrmy, wiggly dog. How hard can it be to do a human, usually sitting still! LOL

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN