Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you looking forward to in March 2013!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 52 Replies

Were in the home stretch out of winter!  Spring is almost here!  Yippee!!!  What are some things that you are looking forward to in March?

Daylight savings time begins March 10th.

Will you be drinking some green beer or making Corned Beef hash?  happy st. patricks day             First day of spring is March 20th welcome spring.gif What are you going to plant in your garden this year?

Easter Sunday is the last day of this month!   Do you have Easter plans yet? Will you be hosting an Easter dinner?

easter egg       happy birthday            happy anniversary           skiing

Spring break is the last week of this month, do you have any plans with your college kids?  A ski trip perhaps?

Is there anything that you are NOT looking forward too?  A birthday?  LOL

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I was going to pick up some corned beef at the grocery store last weekend - but at $3.69 per pound, I changed my mind.  Hopefully closer to St. Patrick's day, the prices will come down.  then I'll buy several and put them up in the freezer.  I cook the in the crockpot by starting it in the morning and when I get home from work it is ready.

I am looking forward to spring arriving and warmer weather, that's for sure! 

It will be 2 years that Johnny had his brain surgery at the end of March...

I wish I had time and space to plant a garden.  But my little apartment has no balcony or porch plus it faces north so not much sunlight for a garden - great as far as my utility bills in the summer are concerned, though!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I am so looking forward to spring and have to believe it finally may be on its way, daffodils are starting to pop through the ground along with other early spring plants.  I am looking forward to my stepdaughters wedding on March 9 and since she lives in southern Oregon it means a road trip for us in our newly downsized motorhome with stops to visit friends on the way.  A mini vacation!!  When we get back from that trip, we will start doing some planting in our greenhouse.  My youngest grandaughter will turn 2 on the 8th and that's exciting although she lives in TN so will have to get her gift mailed soon.  And, yes, St Patty's Day is something we celebrate with friends by hosting an Irish dinner party with the traditional Irish Stew and Corned Beef, Irish Soda bread and green beer. 

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

My oldest daughter is looking forward to going to a conference in New Orleans at the end of the month so I am looking forward to 2 weeks in Georgia.  All of the azaleas should be in bloom and I will be able to sit in the sun and read while my grandkids are in school.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

DD's birthday is on the 6th.  She will be 22!  I cant believe it, how time flies. Im so proud of the beautiful young woman she has grown into. We will celebrate with a family dinner on the the 9th. Probably go out for Thai then I am looking forward to Easter. I will be hosting the family dinner and we will have my nephew to visit for a long four day weekend.  They love the Easter Egg hunt!  We have a beekeeping workshop later this month  and  I have already started some seeds in my landscape workshop.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I hope my sister in law comes back from Florida for Easter.  She usually does :)  She comes back to WI before my brother.  He is addicted to golf (?) so he waits until it gets warmer.   I don't have any sisters so I really miss her when she goes to Florida for the winter.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:54 PM

That is so sweet Jeanine!!  I think it's great that you have that kind of relationship!   :)

Quoting jabs54:

I hope my sister in law comes back from Florida for Easter.  She usually does :)  She comes back to WI before my brother.  He is addicted to golf (?) so he waits until it gets warmer.   I don't have any sisters so I really miss her when she goes to Florida for the winter.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Easter is about the only thing I can think of in March that I'll be looking forward to.  Oh....well, one more thing...my cousin hosts the game night thing once a month and the next one is going to be a shrimp boil and those are AWESOME!!!!   lol

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

March seems to be coming in like a lion so hopefully it will go out like a lamb and warmer temps.  Kalis spring break starts on the 8th and shes out until the 16th so we'll try to plan some fun things to do while shes out as long as the weather isn't nasty.  For St.Pattys Day I usually fix corned beef and cabbage but do it as a New England dinner with the potaotos and carrots and onion all cooked up in one pot. And we'll do it as big family dinner especially since it falls on a Sunday this year.

Easter will be dinner at my Mom in laws with me making the ham and whatevwer we have with it. And will let the kids hunt for Easter egggs in the back yard. And maybe we'll have our new family addition by the end of the month also,depending on when they schedule the c-section.  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Nothing...it will just be more of the same old same old.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I am looking forward to Daylight Savings, and to spring coming.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN