Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

"You old....."

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

Saturday afternoon, the granddaughters (9 and 7) and I were playing Boggle - for those of you that don't know what it is, it's a word game, consisting of oh, either 25 or 36 or maybe even 49 die that have letters on all 6 sides.  They sit in an enclosed tray, which is shaken at the beginning of the game.  Purpose of the game is to find as many words in the mix that you can.

Being (many!) years older and having (many!) more years of spelling experience than my grandkids (of course), my list was long, whereas Ramona (9) had maybe 15 words, and Riley (7) had maybe 8. 

At one point, Riley accused Ramona of looking at my paper.  Ramona's response was, "I am not, you old hag." 

I think it's hysterical, among other reasons, that the older one was calling the  younger one an old hag!!!!  (I did reprimand her for the name calling.)

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM

LOL .. too cute :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! Kids are funny. When Michael was in 1st grade he and one of his friends got into a "name calling" game at school (they were joking with each other) and his teacher overheard him call his friend a "Nutt SCab". She made him calol home and tattle on himself and I had a horrible time not laughing while on the phone but as soon as I hung I the tears wear rolling I was laughing so hard.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:48 AM

lol

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I love Boogle!! I still have the game from when I was a child. My now adult boys and I played it all the time.

nana9106
by Darlene on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:32 AM

LOL! It is funny the things kids come up with

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:44 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!!

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Kids are so funny! Old Hag! LOL wonder where she heard that one?

LEK19
I feel Halloween in the air!
Today at 3:43 PM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Goes to show ya - age is relative! haha!

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL - Kids are so funny!  I remember when my daughter made a diagram of her room to move her furniture around.  I had to pause when I saw she had "Chester's Drawers" in her room to be moved.  LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)