Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for February 27th

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:03 AM
  • 15 Replies

What is your favorite Kitchen Cleaner? And Why?

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Yes. I agree.  Why kitchen cleaner?   LMAO. 

I actually don't use a product these days other than water.  Maybe some Comet when I'm really "in the mood."  I mean I do use dishwashing liquid for dishes but that's about it.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:18 AM

I went with a non-food question because I'm running out of idea!

Quoting suzeebloch:

I actually don't use a product these days other than water.  Maybe some Comet when I'm really "in the mood."  I mean I do use dishwashing liquid for dishes but that's about it.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I like Fantasik or Clorex with bleach. There is always a spray bottle by the sink.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I suppose I should have said, Yes, I agree - why use kitchen cleaner?  lol.  I wasn't questioning your question!  My most bothersome place is the stove top and usually a damp washcloth and warm water is enough.

I shared a while back a really NEAT way to clean the stove hood - and that's to use a washcloth and OIL.  Good old vegetable oil, olive oil or coconut oil!  Not sure HOW that works but it really cuts right thru the grease and grime and leaves it nice and sparkly!  And easy to clean next time, too.  I also used the same technique for cleaning the part of the stove with the knobs - I just removed the knobs and wiped away all those years of grease and grime.  wow.  I am NOT domestic so when I discovered this little trick, I was elated!

Quoting Cindy18:

I went with a non-food question because I'm running out of idea!

Quoting suzeebloch:

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:45 AM

My kids, then I don't have to do it LOL

I don't have a favorite actualy but ususaly use clorox with bleach

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I wish I could answer "my kids", like Lisa did, but my one and only moved  out many years ago, and the cat refuses to help.

I mostly use Dawn dish soap for all of my kitchen clean ups, but when I need something stronger, it's usually Clorox with bleach.  I've used Comet in the past for some things, but I don't think I've had a can of it for many years now.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE WITH MY TWO CATS.  I swear, I fill their bowls with food, scoop their poop and take out theIR litter, offer them my lap to sleep in not to mention my bed, and yet they don't lift ONE FINGER to help out around here. 

Oh wait - they don't have fingers.  and I'm always teasing them about not having thumbs, too. 

Quoting KittyGram:

I wish I could answer "my kids", like Lisa did, but my one and only moved  out many years ago, and the cat refuses to help.

I mostly use Dawn dish soap for all of my kitchen clean ups, but when I need something stronger, it's usually Clorox with bleach.  I've used Comet in the past for some things, but I don't think I've had a can of it for many years now.

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I gotta say, though, that Smokey thinks I'm a goddess.  She will sit next to me, or on my lap,and just stare at me.  If she didn't look so happy when she's doing it, I'd be concerned that she's planning my demise, but she gets a sappy expression on her face when she does it!!! 

Quoting suzeebloch:

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE WITH MY TWO CATS.  I swear, I fill their bowls with food, scoop their poop and take out theIR litter, offer them my lap to sleep in not to mention my bed, and yet they don't lift ONE FINGER to help out around here. 

Oh wait - they don't have fingers.  and I'm always teasing them about not having thumbs, too. 

Quoting KittyGram:

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't say the same about my two cats.  They perceive me only as a means to an end.  The rare mornings I sleep in, they will start sniffing my nose.  I am QUITE CERTAIN they are only checking to see if I am still alive and, if not, they will then eat me, thereby confirming I am a means to an end.  lol.

Quoting KittyGram:

I gotta say, though, that Smokey thinks I'm a goddess.  She will sit next to me, or on my lap,and just stare at me.  If she didn't look so happy when she's doing it, I'd be concerned that she's planning my demise, but she gets a sappy expression on her face when she does it!!! 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting KittyGram:

Shellness
by Michell on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I actually have 2 favorites. Hydrogen peroxide that I clean the floors with. I have white tiles and its the only thing that cleans and brightens them without leaving a sticky film.

Then its vinegar, usually in the form of windex with vinegar. It cleans and freshens my whole house without unnecessary chemicals.

I love lysol or clorox wipes to wipe down the counters, sinks, and potty. I have to have comet for the tub and inside the potty.

Thats not one thing but four, but its my entire repertoire of cleaners other than dusting and moisturizing my wood pieces.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)