Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

To MomOf2Stepmom5 ...

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 14 Replies
6 moms liked this

Your post regarding your dilemma has gotten snowballed with replies ... and they seem overwhelmingly to say choose your daughter over this man.  If you read through all the replies, you will find tucked and hidden in some of those replies the feelings expressed by young women who are not yet "Moms With Adult Kids" - yet some of these young women have mothers who chose a man over them ... and that hurts deeply.

I think you know in your heart what your decision must be - but I can appreciate what a tough decision this will be for you to follow through on.  I am sure most of the ladies here at MWAK will agree with me in stating we are here to support you.  I sincerely hope you will stand by what I feel you know down deep is the RIGHT decision ... and I just wanted to say that I am here to share in that journey, if you choose it.

I wish you the best in your decision. 

Ronna

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Wow - it is overwhelming!  Ronna - you expressed that so well.  Whatever path we chose in life - MWAK is here to be supportive and offer positive options.  Good luck to you Momof2stepmom5!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I gotta agree with Rona on this. If he is not at least willing to allow her to stay occasionaly, it is time to rethink the relationship. You can eventualy replace a man, you can never replace a child.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Well put Ronna.....   ( on a side note-   love your new profile picture )  

I thought the same thing.   I read every response before replying   :-) .   I asked my man his opinion and got a very supportive response towards her man.    There is such a difference  between the warm, fuzzy and nurturing love of a mother versus the logical discipline of a man.    Children (even adult) need both.   As long as the daughter feels welcome in "his" home then I think all will be fine.  

I feel the biggest issues here are to be supported having  a strong and close relationship with her daughter and having a man who supports it.    The daughter needs to know boundaries and consideration for those around her.     If they all accept, understand and agree to each others expectations then there will be no problems.    I would make sure to promote communication between boyfriend and daughter as well...  

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Tuesday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Well said as usual :)

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Well said Ronna!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Very nice Ronna!!   :)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Ronna, I concur with all that you said and you said it perfectly. 

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Yup, what she said! 

jules8289
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Excellent choice of words and I'm glad you posted them in this fashion. I hope she reads this. I almost felt as if we were ganging up on her. But we weren't. We were all putting up our opinions which were overwhelmingly for her daughter. Just like us Moms huh? I do pray she does a thorough soul searching on this to make the right decision for herself and her daughter. We all wish her luck!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Great choice of words, Ronna.  She has a tough decision to make. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)