Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What brand and type of cell phone do you have .. pros and cons ?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am up for upgrade and looking for input....  

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I have an old phone.  I have an LG Enve.  They have been bugging me to upgrade but I don't know what I want.

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I love my phone, but if you're looking for an upgrade, mine's probably not it!!!  I was looking into buying a smart phone last summer, and my son-in-law ended up giving me his old one instead.  It's an HTC MyTouch.  I have nothing to compare it to, other than my pre-smart phone phones.  But I LOVE it!!!   

sabrtooth1
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I have a Samsung Galaxie SII from T-Mobile, and I love it.  With my rebates and service upgrades, it cost me basically NOTHING.  Battery life is ok--about a days' worth--but the charger cords are VERY cheap, and when I am using it as a GPS in the car,  I always have it on the cord.  Google maps, btw are fantastic--they even have voice turn by turn.  Coverage is good, 4G when available.  I think the Google apps are much more user friendly than the Apple apps, & they are easier to get.

Plus, if I drop it & break it, I won't cry, and nobody is going to hit me over the head to steal it.     

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Have the new iphone 5 & love it,
It does everything & anything you could want :)

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not have a smart phone.  I decided not to get a smart phone because of the cost.  I use the phone to make calls and the computer for anything online.  Yes - I probably miss out a little, but my phone bill is $39 a month.  One note on that tho - when the tornados came through and power was out for a week - a smart phone would have been handy.  I was in a communication handicap.  

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I have a Samsung Exhibit II which is not made anymore, they updated/upgraded it. I love it. I've had it 18 months. It is Android based.

lovegrandbaby
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII  - I like it alot.  While it costs me more a month, it has a lot of great apps.  I go thru AT & T

lisamarie1265
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I have an iPhone 4S, I love it... Battery life is great,  sound quality is great, it's fast, I use it now in place of my iPod touch for walking, I have all my music on it, plus I found an excellent pedometer app, takes great pics / video and has gps..plusi love Seri she's very helpful we are all iPhone users except hubby, he has some rugged samsung commando he uses for work, and a galaxy Note for work and everyday usage. 

Good luck with your upgrade there are so many phones to choose from best bet lookup the ones you like from different carriers and read as many reviews as possible, then go to the store and look at them in person I know Verizon lets you try them out i.e. send a text or make a call ect.... Have fun !!!!! 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:42 AM
I have a samsung galaxy s3 it's awesome and big enough for me to see without my glasses
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadyDiamond927
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I have HTC EVO 4G...I love it.

Next year when I'm due for an upgrade, I want Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)