Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

If You Could Change One Thing About Your Wedding/Reception What Would It Be

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 37 Replies

And why?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM

When I got married, I had never heard that your mom could walk you down the aisle. I had no man that I wanted to walk with me, so I wish I had my mom walk with me. My little sister was my maid of honor, and I wish I had her make a toast. Other than that it was beautiful.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Do it the way you want to and not feel like you have to follow any rules. Some just don't make any sense. 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My little girl would not have been swooped up by a "helpful cousin" and would therefore have made it down the aisle with her older friend as planned.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I would change the groom.  Seriously, I would have gotten help.  I did it all myself and should have hired out the reception rather than making it myself.  It was a long time ago and a lot has changed since them....except my groom!  LOL

Rileyscute
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing really..it wasn't fancy..but I don't need all the trimmings..still have the guy :)

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Quoting Maddie24:

I would change the groom.  Seriously, I would have gotten help.  I did it all myself and should have hired out the reception rather than making it myself.  It was a long time ago and a lot has changed since them....except my groom!  LOL

The same with me. So much has changed since I got married. On June 11, I will be married thirty years and it was so different then. Do you ever watch the show Four Weddings on TLC?

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Never been married
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Well - it is funny that I am single with no interest at all in a relationship - much less in getting married and I love Four Weddings, Say Yes to the Dress and now Borrowed, New!  It is unbelievable the amount of money people want to spend on a wedding.  These girls spend thousands on a dress and host reception meals.  My sister made my wedding dress and I made the reception food the week before!  I still like watching the shows.  I cringe a little - I have 2 daughters.  They know I cannot spend thousands on weddings.  Not gonna happen!  LOL

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Maddie24:

The same with me. So much has changed since I got married. On June 11, I will be married thirty years and it was so different then. Do you ever watch the show Four Weddings on TLC?

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

We had very little money and paid for most of the wedding on our own. We had a reception in the church hall, cake, punch, and little sandwiches.  I wouldn't have been able to change anything then because of lack of funds, but if we could afford it I would have liked a sit down meal.

DixieL
by Dixie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bmat:

We had very little money and paid for most of the wedding on our own. We had a reception in the church hall, cake, punch, and little sandwiches.  I wouldn't have been able to change anything then because of lack of funds, but if we could afford it I would have liked a sit down meal.

I hope someday you can renew your vows and have the reception you have always wanted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN