Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My Baby is an American U. Eagle : - )

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:55 AM
  • 13 Replies

Today we are beaming with pride....yet a little sad. Our youngest, our baby girl Becca has been accepted to American University In Washington D.C. As a Grad Student!!!  There are so many details but my heads swimming right now... Orientation is in April .. My little girl is moving to D.C. Thank god she will be going another student from Ursuline College, so she won't be alone and they will staying on campus in the intern housing, ad working there...as I said I don't have all the details but I just wanted to...well brag a bit! My baby bird is stretching her wings and learning to fly and tats all I ever wanted for my girls to be happy and succesful...come fall my house will be empty, I will have my oldest jessie, but becca is my soul mate we are two of a kind I will miss her desperately but it's her life sheiks growing up and moving on and living her dream... We are a ways from August, but we are already planning her going away/dorm warming party LOL!!! well I just wanted to share thanks for listening... girl giving flower

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyDiamond927
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I know exactly how you feel...congratulations to her.  The time will go by very fast between now and when the time comes for her to leave....enjoy each moment :)

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM

That is wonderful!  I know you are all so proud of her.  I am sure she will always be your soul-mate, no matter where she is.  Congrats!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Congrats!  I know you're proud!!  :)

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

How exciting! for you and for her! And there is so much to see and do in DC. My son interned there for a semester (in DC.)

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:42 AM

You have a right to be proud! Congrats!

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM

congrats to you and your daughter

gmadiane
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM

congratulations!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM

That is so exciting for her!! What kind of grad program is she going into?

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Congratulations to her :)    I can imagine how hard it will be to lose her though...

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Congratulations to her.  Seeing her go will be hard for you and going will be both hard and exciting for you.  What kind of grad program will she be entering?  My oldest son and his family live in Falls Church, Virginia which is only a few miles out of Washington DC and they love the area and state there is so many things to do and see. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)