Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Since when can you post on here if you aren't a member of this group???

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

I was shocked to see how many posts that poor woman who has a delima with her bf and dd has and saw people posting that are not part of this group and don't even have adult kids.  Since when can anyone post?  I mean really, some one who has a 6 yr old can not have the same perspective as us.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I thought it was an open CM group. I reply in MC ..and I have never been a member there

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Quoting Rileyscute:

I thought it was an open CM group. I reply in MC ..and I have never been a member there

What's MC?

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

What's MC?

Mom confessions..the anon group with a whole lot of trashy nonsense going on..lol

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Rileyscute:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

What's MC?

Mom confessions..the anon group with a whole lot of trashy nonsense going on..lol

Ohhh, I joined that group one night when I was bored, lol.   I had no idea you could post in groups you were not members of.

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

What's MC?

Ohhh, I joined that group one night when I was bored, lol.   I had no idea you could post in groups you were not members of.

It's only in open CM groups..and some private groups have open forums that non members can reply in too

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I feel awful for her.  Can't a person remove their own post?  She probably did not expect that would get her a Sapphire status.  I have not ventured to far on CM but I do see that some groups will not let you view posts unless you are a member.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Yes,you can remove your own posts and the responses.

Quoting Maddie24:

I feel awful for her.  Can't a person remove their own post?  She probably did not expect that would get her a Sapphire status.  I have not ventured to far on CM but I do see that some groups will not let you view posts unless you are a member.

kam013
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I think because it became one of the CM featured posts (not just featured in our group) it opened it up for anyone to comment on. Personally I'm not crazy about that feature. I belong to a few select groups for a reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM

She can remove her own post if she wants,
Member owned groups can allow members only to see posts.
They can also lock/unlock ..
I think the other CM owned groups are all open & are featured often.
This would lead to people able to post without joining:)

Quoting Maddie24:

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I know I was appalled a year or so ago when this happened - I, too, thought you had to be a member of our group to post here.  I was thinking wow these girls are awfully YOUNG to be joining Moms With Adult Kids - who is allowing them to join?!  They have no business here!  Then someone explained how it works. for the most part, our posts will be just us, but every now and then, a post could be opened to everyone.

Actually, in this case, though, even though her post got rather slammed  - I found some of the responses from the young girls WHO HAD MOTHERS WHO DID CHOOSE A MAN OVER THEM to be a very interesting perspective.  I even posted a separate post here addressed to her about it but so far as I can tell she hasn't replied to it.  With her post, though, having it opened to all of CM brought a bit more depth to the replies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)