Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

update - Colleen

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:41 AM
  • 21 Replies

From Shannon's FB page Sunday night (sorry, I missed this one)

I'm at Days Inn. I'll be calling the social worker today to see if mom was transported, but I might not see her til tomorrow.

Transported to where ?

It's the respiratory wing at Wilkes-Baree General.

Any idea how long she will have to stay there?

Not yet, but I'll start asking tomorrow.

Shannon didn't post on Facebook yesterday from what I can tell.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:28 AM
Why is she at day's inn?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I am not one of Shannon's friends on FB so I can't ask her this question.

However, a quick google search of both Days Inn and the hospital in Wilkes Barre shows Days Inn to be about 2 miles from that hospital. Scranton PA is 21 miles from Wilkes Barr.

Just an assumption on my part but I'm thinking maybe finances have her staying at Days Inn and taking a taxi to the hospital.  I don't know.  That's just my guess.   As Scranton is 21 miles from Wilkes Barr, that is likely the reason Shannon is not staying at her mother's apartment.  Again, just my best guess.

In any event, I'm glad Shannon is able to be there with her mom and am sure she made the most logical choice, given finances and transportation issues.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Why is she at day's inn?

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Thanks for the update.

The good news is that "they" typically don't transport someone somewhere else unless they are somewhat stable.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Thanks for the update.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:49 AM

thank you for this update!  :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM

This is correct although I also believe it has to do with the apartment itself :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

However, a quick google search of both Days Inn and the hospital in Wilkes Barre shows Days Inn to be about 2 miles from that hospital. Scranton PA is 21 miles from Wilkes Barr.

Just an assumption on my part but I'm thinking maybe finances have her staying at Days Inn and taking a taxi to the hospital.  I don't know.  That's just my guess.   As Scranton is 21 miles from Wilkes Barr, that is likely the reason Shannon is not staying at her mother's apartment.  Again, just my best guess.

In any event, I'm glad Shannon is able to be there with her mom and am sure she made the most logical choice, given finances and transportation issues.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Why is she at day's inn?

Join us at
Time Out for You

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Thanks for the update.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

This is tentatively hopeful.

Quoting Cindy18:

Thanks for the update.

The good news is that "they" typically don't transport someone somewhere else unless they are somewhat stable.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Thank you for the update.

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Also, didn't she at one point say she hadn't gotten thru to the landlord yet?

Quoting hugss:

This is correct although I also believe it has to do with the apartment itself :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Why is she at day's inn?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)