Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone...My name is Toni.  Im looking for conversation and sharing of recipes.  I would like to know of recipes that you can make for 1-2 people.  Easy, and healthy.  Nothing fancy, because since I live in a smaller town, not many of the fancy ingredients are available in my area.  Thanks for any help you can give.

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Replies (11-12):
sabrtooth1
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Simple cooking for 1 or 2 is easy.  It is fast and easy to stir fry, steam, or grill an assortment of veggies, fingerling potatoes, and fish fillets, boneless skinless chicken (breast AND thighs), or pork chops under the broiler or on a gas grill all year long. 

What makes them special is how they are seasoned, and for that, it doesn't matter if you are in Manhattan, a small town, or Rome, as long as you have the INTERNET.  THE best site for amazing spices and seasoning mixes, is Penzeys.  The best way to understand their stuff, is to scroll to the bottom of the HOME page, and download a catalog.  You'll need Adobe Flash, but do get it if you must, because the catalog is just a LOT of fun to read!  Besides describing all the spices, and how you use them, there are stories and recipes all thru the catalog.  SOME of my favorites are the Adobo, Cajun, Chili Powder, Pork Chop Seasoning, Sandwich Sprinkle, Pasta Sprinkle, Chicago Steak, Northwoods Fire, Ozark...

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Hi Toni, welcome to the group.  I ususally fix a salad or soup.  Leftovers from family meals work well for me too.  CM is a great place to get good ideas - you will find what you are looking for!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)