Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for March 8th

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM
  • 20 Replies

Do you like spicy food? What do you use to turn up the "Heat"?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I do like a little bit of spicy food.  I use crushed red pepper a lot and once in a while something like texas pete.  Sometimes just a little heat  is good.  :)

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM

LOVE spicy foods!!!  I use ground cayenne, or red pepper flakes, or a hotter than normal curry powder, or smoked paprika, or fresh jalapeno, or dried peppers.

I'll have to look up that texas pete, I've never heard of that. 

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Yes I do. I have recently discovered hot and sour soup,  I can only eat about half a cup before my throat hurts too much, but until then I savor every bite.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I never heard of Texas Pete?

Quoting louannwilkins:

I do like a little bit of spicy food.  I use crushed red pepper a lot and once in a while something like texas pete.  Sometimes just a little heat  is good.  :)

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I do not like spicy.  I tell people that if they see me eating Kimchi they should know that I am really not feeling well.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I'm not that into spicy food.

nana9106
by Darlene on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I do like spicy foods. BUT not over the top, burn your face off spicy. What i use to spice it up depends on the dish I am eating.  I will use Siracha, Tabasco peppers in vinegar, cayenne, texas pete, chalula, regular Tabasco or jalapenos

campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Not to spicy.   I like a little kick to my food. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Quoting nana9106:

I do like spicy foods. BUT not over the top, burn your face off spicy. What i use to spice it up depends on the dish I am eating.  I will use Siracha, Tabasco peppers in vinegar, cayenne, texas pete, chalula, regular Tabasco or jalapenos

Oh, yeah, I use Sriracha and Tobasco, too, as well as a couple that I can't name right now.  I love the Chipotle Tobasco, especially when I'm eating a steak burrito bowl at Chipotle!!!  MMM!!!

And I'm with you on how hot NOT to make it!  Hot enough that it enhances the flavors of the food, gives it a nice big kick, but not so hot that you can't taste the real flavors anymore, because your entire mouth has been burnt to a crisp!

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I like a little spice especially in my Mexican food. But not so much it burns or over takes the flavor of the food.  When I'm cooking with those spices its usually just chili powder or cayenne,a blend of cajun seasonings I found that are really good and I use Old Bay seafood seasoning also.  It has blend with paprika ect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)