Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Spring Break

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

It is Spring break here. Is it spring break where you are? What do/did you do for spring break? 

When my kids were small we always went to the beach for spring break...now, I just work. However, the traffic was lighter going to and from work :)

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM

not sure when spring break is here.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:08 PM

This is spring break for most of the schools in BC.  When Cassidy was in school, we usually didn't go away because it was not a good time  for Iain's job.  One time we did go up to the Okanagan area and skiied for a few days, and one time to Hawaii when she was in Grade 7.   For her Grade 12 year, we went to southern California, and one of her friends joined us for part of the time.  We really enjoyed that and saw and did a lot, including Sea World, the Wild Animal park, and Balboa Park.   

nana9106
by Darlene on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Hawaii sounds fun! And warm

Quoting DesignGirl450:

This is spring break for most of the schools in BC.  When Cassidy was in school, we usually didn't go away because it was not a good time  for Iain's job.  One time we did go up to the Okanagan area and skiied for a few days, and one time to Hawaii when she was in Grade 7.   For her Grade 12 year, we went to southern California, and one of her friends joined us for part of the time.  We really enjoyed that and saw and did a lot, including Sea World, the Wild Animal park, and Balboa Park.   

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I've always worked so only get 2 weeks off during the summer.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Now that I have no kids in school, I honestly don't know when spring break is - so I looked it up.  In the school district where I live, spring break is March 18 - 22.  March 15 is no school K-8 and early dismissal 9-12.  And Monday March 25 is School Improvement day - so no school. 

when my kids were young, my parents always seemed to take them away from us during spring break (and summers).  My parents LOVE to travel and would find almost any excuse to do so!  When Johnny was in the first grade, shortly after I left my 2nd husband, my parents took him and a friend to Corpus Christi for the week. You know, I've NEVER been to the Gulf of Mexico?! 

hugss
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM

The schools here start at the end of this week,
Youngest ds will have his the week after that
We didn't go anywhere when they were young ..
Now with just DH & I we hang out at home since he is always working :)

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Its spring break here also and my grand daughter is out of school until Monday. Since Larry has to work we're just doing things here in town. Larry is off tomorrow and if the weather is warm enough we will probablly go to the zoo.  The rest of the week is just playing by ear pretty much.

caro100
by Carol on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Spring break was last  week, here in Springfield, Mo.  Other towns around us are this week.  When they were teenagers, the chruch would take them on week long hiking trips.

Okay, so I was wrong.  Spring break is this week.  No kids in school so I don't keep track anymore.

caro100
by Carol on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:21 AM

OOps, I thought Spring break was last week.  My bad.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Its spring break here also and my grand daughter is out of school until Monday. Since Larry has to work we're just doing things here in town. Larry is off tomorrow and if the weather is warm enough we will probablly go to the zoo.  The rest of the week is just playing by ear pretty much.

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM

No. Not sure when the kids are out, the end of the month I think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)