Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Anyone ever heard of your bladder hurting without having a UTI??? (TMI)

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 35 Replies

A couple years ago I passed a kidney stone.  I had constant UTI's after that.  My doctor sent me to a urologist and she had me take an antibiotic daily.  Did that for over a year.  Last summer I had really bad pain and thought I had another UTI.  Turned out I didn't.  The last couple months it has hurt when I pee, hurts when I laugh or when the kids jump on me.  Went to the urologist last week and she said my urine was clean.  She said sometimes people have pain in their bladder and they can't find anything wrong...WTH?!

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rileyscute
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I actually have heard of it (I used to work in a hospital auditing medical records)

Its a transient odd unexplained pain..

Sorry..it has to be bad :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I hope you feel better soon. I'd probably ask for a culture, just in case something could be found. Or even that prescription that turns urine - orange I think- but also helps with pain.

CountYouTwice
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother has a bladder disease called Interstitial Cystitis that cause chronic bladder pain, frequent urination, burning..

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Quoting Bmat:

I hope you feel better soon. I'd probably ask for a culture, just in case something could be found. Or even that prescription that turns urine - orange I think- but also helps with pain.

One of my daycare moms works in a lab and was asking me if they checked for "this and that" and I didn't know so I asked for the lab results to be sent to me so she can look at them.  I tried AZO and it didnt help with the pain.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Quoting Rileyscute:

I actually have heard of it (I used to work in a hospital auditing medical records)

Its a transient odd unexplained pain..

Sorry..it has to be bad :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one but it really sucks :(

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Quoting CountYouTwice:

My mother has a bladder disease called Interstitial Cystitis that cause chronic bladder pain, frequent urination, burning..

I'll look into that...

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Sorry you are hurting. 

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM

My gyn recommended azo-  I agree- useless for the pain.

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Bmat:

One of my daycare moms works in a lab and was asking me if they checked for "this and that" and I didn't know so I asked for the lab results to be sent to me so she can look at them.  I tried AZO and it didnt help with the pain.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Quoting CountYouTwice:

Interesting, it does sound like that is what I have.  Depressing there is no cure.  What is your mother taking?  My doctor is having me take amitriptyline for the pain.  So far it's not helping.

CountYouTwice
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM

The biggest thing is to change your diet. No yeast, No foods with acid, no caffeine, no drinks with carbonation. Acid reducer meds before eating (Prelief sold at walgreens) Honestly is sucks and I hate it for her but by adjusting her diet she has been able to come off all of her prescription meds. For 4 years she did bladder treatment where they cath you and fill your bladder with medsonce a week. You also have to be careful what body washes, lotions you use. First thing to have your bladder scoped. If she does have a coke to drink you can put salt in it to take the carbonation out. She rarely drinks soda. She also had a toddy maker to take the acid and caffeine out of her coffee. Regular coffee is a no no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN