Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would your rather spend $4.00 on

Posted by   + Show Post

your favorite box of girl scout cookies

whats your favorite girl scout cookie? have you bought any yet this year?

OR

buy a dozen home grown organic eggs from your neighbor?

organic eggs at the market are about $5 to $7.00 dollars and the yolk is so yellow and full of flavor.   Do you guy organic eggs now? 

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (61-67):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Quoting Esmrlda:

Haha now that you said that she will be calling.

That's alot if milk! How many in your family?

Is raw milk good? I like raw goat milk.

Quoting jabs54:

I love Caramel Delights, Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Patties and Peanut Butter Sandwiches.  I have a couple girls I usually buy from but they haven't contacted me yet.  I'm kind of hoping they don't ;)

I always buy organic eggs.  I would love to buy organic milk but we drink approx. 4 gallons a week so it's just too expensive :(

Speaking of milk...my grandpa was a farmer and he use to bring us milk and my mom would strain it through a clean kitchen flour sack towel. 

I have a daycare.  I love milk but that's why we go through so much.

Raw milk tastes great but I don't think I would buy it, afraid of bacteria.   Now I drink skim, yuck!

sixeyes2
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I think it is funny too. I eat so many other things that are bad for me, but I just cannot bring myself to eat an egg, just to go fry it up and eat it anyway. I should clarify that statement by saying during the summer to save myself from cooking..on the average of 6 times a month I end up making egg salad for dinner...so I do make up for not eating eggs 4 times a week the other 8 months of the year..lol...bow down

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I have to admit I'd buy the Girl Scout cookies.  I was a Girl Scout & I like to support Scouting all I can.  I don't keep cookies in the house except when GS cookies are available so they are a treat.  As much as I love fresh eggs (I buy mine from a local farm market - they are fresh, huge, yummy & 1.99 a dozen for jumbo eggs),  I just don't believe in spending 2 or 3 times the money for organic anything.  If I had a neighbor who sold them, I might buy a dozen to be neighborly but I think the 4 bucks is better spent on supporting Girl Scouting. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting jabs54:

I love Caramel Delights, Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Patties and Peanut Butter Sandwiches.  I have a couple girls I usually buy from but they haven't contacted me yet.  I'm kind of hoping they don't ;)

I always buy organic eggs.  I would love to buy organic milk but we drink approx. 4 gallons a week so it's just too expensive :(

Speaking of milk...my grandpa was a farmer and he use to bring us milk and my mom would strain it through a clean kitchen flour sack towel. 

Raw milk tastes great but I don't think I would buy it, afraid of bacteria.   Now I drink skim, yuck!

Oh okay, that makes sense. Gotta give the babies their milk with everything.  Skim is so watery it seems like but I was thinking of buying some just for me.  We usually do 2%   I cant believe how much calories a glass of milk has. jaw drop

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Thats a really good price for the Jumbo eggs!

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

I have to admit I'd buy the Girl Scout cookies.  I was a Girl Scout & I like to support Scouting all I can.  I don't keep cookies in the house except when GS cookies are available so they are a treat.  As much as I love fresh eggs (I buy mine from a local farm market - they are fresh, huge, yummy & 1.99 a dozen for jumbo eggs),  I just don't believe in spending 2 or 3 times the money for organic anything.  If I had a neighbor who sold them, I might buy a dozen to be neighborly but I think the 4 bucks is better spent on supporting Girl Scouting. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting jabs54:

Oh okay, that makes sense. Gotta give the babies their milk with everything.  Skim is so watery it seems like but I was thinking of buying some just for me.  We usually do 2%   I cant believe how much calories a glass of milk has. jaw drop

I usually drink 1%, it's a little better than skim.  But right now I'm seriously trying to loose ;)  I have to buy 3 different kinds.  Whole for babies and my dh, 1% for dd and now skim for me.  It's so annoying, lol.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting jabs54:

I usually drink 1%, it's a little better than skim.  But right now I'm seriously trying to loose ;)  I have to buy 3 different kinds.  Whole for babies and my dh, 1% for dd and now skim for me.  It's so annoying, lol.

Yes, I can imagine. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)