Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for March 16th

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:58 AM
  • 22 Replies

What fruits and vegetables do you buy an a regular basis?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jules8289
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:17 AM

We buy a lot of veggies. The list of what we don't like is a lot shorter. We are not big fans of green, yellow or red bell peppers. Only get a couple or so a year. We hate okra. We pretty much like everything else. I don't mind most fruits. Just don't buy a lot of them. Mostly apples, banannas, canteloupes, different berries, lots of lemons, grapes. Well....I guess were more fruity than I thought!

kimbermccub
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I buy regularly spinach, brocoli. mushrooms, onions, all colors of peppers and Oreos. you rock

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I'm not much of a fruit person, but I love veggies.
I buy fresh herbs, onions, lettuce, peppers, poblano peppers too (yumm), carrots, tomatoes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM

bananas, grapes, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, peppers, apples.  Love it when asparagus is on sale.

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Cucumbers, tomatoes, red, yellow and orange peppers, cauliflower and radishes.  Apples, grapes, blueberries, blackberries and nectarines.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Corn,green beans,peas,apples,oranges,carrots

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I love Okra!!! You need to try to make it like this.

Wipe the okra clean, DO NOT wash it. That's what makes it slimy. Slice it and roll that pieces in yellow corn meal. Fry it in a little oil until it's crispy.

YUMMY!

Quoting jules8289:

We buy a lot of veggies. The list of what we don't like is a lot shorter. We are not big fans of green, yellow or red bell peppers. Only get a couple or so a year. We hate okra. We pretty much like everything else. I don't mind most fruits. Just don't buy a lot of them. Mostly apples, banannas, canteloupes, different berries, lots of lemons, grapes. Well....I guess were more fruity than I thought!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I have been on a HUGE blackberry kick.

Sam's Club had them cheap and I bought 2 cartons. They are so sweet!

Quoting Why123:

Cucumbers, tomatoes, red, yellow and orange peppers, cauliflower and radishes.  Apples, grapes, blueberries, blackberries and nectarines.

cherylam
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM

we always have tomatoes, lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers, I try for oranges but don't get excited if Ican't afford them.  We have a greenhouse that hubby buildt from donated windows, so we just pickd our last 'homegrown' this week, and begin replanting tomorrow.  I have a bag of apples from the cold storage that I'll make into an apple pie for hubby tonight as a surprise.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

OMG... I would love to have a greenhouse where I could get homegrown veggies all year round!

Quoting cherylam:

we always have tomatoes, lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers, I try for oranges but don't get excited if Ican't afford them.  We have a greenhouse that hubby buildt from donated windows, so we just pickd our last 'homegrown' this week, and begin replanting tomorrow.  I have a bag of apples from the cold storage that I'll make into an apple pie for hubby tonight as a surprise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)