Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Back Home. An Update Added.

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

Finally I am back home and back to CafeMom again. I was away for 23 days, first to the US and then to India. The day I landed at LA I rented a car and drove up to Santa Barbara. Hadn't visited the city since 2006 so it was kind of nostalgic. Met up with a friend who I hadn't seen since 2007.

Then I went to Las Vegas and wandered around for a few days meeting friends. Finally I returned to LA to meet up with my husband and flew to India for a vacation. All went well until the flights back. 5 consecutive ones,  the second one took off 4 hours late and gave us about 15 mins to make a connection in Paris. Fortunately the next one was an hour late so we made it. Our baggage didn't of course. So we get to LA to see the longest ever lines at Immigration AND Customs. Didn't matter whether you are a citizen/resident/visitor, the lines were equally long. Didn't matter whether you had your bags or not, you had to join the exit queue that wrapped around three sides of the entire place. I had another car rented as we had originally from 2:30 pm to 11:30 pm but now we did not have much time to go anywhere. Still, went and bought a change of clothes for my husband as he had checked in his hand stroller when the very helpful guy at the Air France counter at New Delhi offered to check it in at no extra charge. After 21 hours of flying and time inbetween, we needed a change.We had yet another 9 hours of flying to do.

Next flight took off an hour late as well but we made our final 5th flight without any trouble. After a total of 56 hours on the go, we got back yesterday. Our baggage was delivered to us here today. We are exhausted from our vacation! Am I glad to be back. I shall think many times before I decide to take my next trip.

Thank you all. I slept till 11 AM today morning, so hopefully I am done with jet lag and exhaustion. Our trip was good but I am not much of a picture taker. My husband got some amazing pictures of peacocks and other stuff on his phone and I shall have him give them to me to upload.

Oh, I live in French Polynesia, in the South Pacific.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Where do you live? Sounds like a good trip!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Sounds exhausting!

.Holly.
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Sounds like a great trip minus the exhausting flight delays. Glad you got your baggages back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Oh my! You must be exhausted!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

sounds tiring and exciting at the same time!!   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Yay!  I know how good it feels to be back home, but I've never been on the go for 56 straight hours!  And now you are home to your tropical paradise! 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Too bad for the exhausting trip and stuff, but I have heard that India is amazing, and would love to go there.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Sunday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM

WEclome back,
Sounds long but am sure well worth it.
What did you see & where did you go?
Have you have lots of pics to share :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM

What a fantastic trip!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Some of your trip sounds fantastic - the going to India part.  I would love to go there.  The long delays, not so much.  I only like flying when everything goes smooth which unforturnately never seems to happen.  Rest up and enjoy being home again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)